GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Track Days

How many track days do you plan on attending in 2022?

• 0-3

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 4-7

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 8-11

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 11-15

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 15+

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
2022 Track Season is fast approaching. I have made a preliminary schedule and am targeting about 10 days for the year. Hopefully more if funds and plans permit. Post your planned track days!

DateLocationOrgNotes
2/6/2022SonomaSpeedSFSun
3/7/2022Laguna SecaNCRCMon
4/15/2022Thunderhill 3MNCRCFriday
5/7/2022SonomaSpeedSFSat
6/19/2022Laguna SecaSpeedSFSat
7/30/2022Laguna SecaNCRCSat
8/12/2022SonomaNCRCSat
9/17/2022Thunderhill 2MSpeedSFSat
10/22/2022ButtonwillowNCRCSat/Sun

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
DateTrack
May 2 Mission
June 17-18VIMC (double header!)
July 11Area 27
Aug 28VIMC
Sept 12Mission
Sept 18Ridge Motorsports park

There's also an ORP trip my group is planning at some point in the summer but no date yet.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
No set schedule for myself yet, but am hoping for at least 4-5! Possibly as soon as January 22nd at Laguna, we'll see. Need to finish moving back to the Santa Cruz area first. Hope to see you at a track day at some point, Will!

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
DateTrack
Feb 26-27CMP - Lucky Dog Endurance Volunteer
March 3-4VIR - HookedOnDriving
March 19-20VIR - NASA
May 14-15VIR - NASA
June 11-12Road Atlanta - NASA
July 16-17VIR - American Endurance Racing (AER)?
August 20-21VIR - NASA
October 3-4VIR - SCDA
October 22-23VIR - NASA
Nov 5-6CMP - NASA

VIR is close by and a great track, track days run constantly and pushing to get to NASA Mid-Atlantic HPDE 4/TT. Hope to get to Road Atlanta once and CMP a few times (next closest) and maybe Summit Point if I can find the time. Lucky Dog is coming east and don't have an old enough car but planning to volunteer to see amateur endurance racing in action and maybe try it next year.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'll do FIRM, Sebring, Daytona, and Road Atlanta if I can get up there.

BGrade

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Just did LVMS outside road course short config this last Sunday. Plan to do that again in March and then the full 3.1 in April. No plans for out of state at this time.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Anyone planning any SoCal track days? I’ll probably be out at Chuckwalla on January 30 with SCCA. Might go shit my pants every lap at Big Willow again, too.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Got off the waitlist for this weekend and signed up for another next week, so now I got back to back track weekends!

Sun Jan 16th Thunderhill East w/ Speed SF
Sat Jan 22nd Laguna Seca w/ Ongrid

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Has anyone heard of Ozark international raceway yet? It's only two hours from me and I'll be doing 3 events at this new track this year! I'm super pumped because it's a long track and there's not a straight or flat in sight!!

I did just sign up for the ncm event in bourbon County at the end of March with nasa gl/cr.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Has anyone heard of Ozark international raceway yet? It's only two hours from me and I'll be doing 3 events at this new track this year! I'm super pumped because it's a long track and there's not a straight or flat in sight!!

I did just sign up for the ncm event in bourbon County at the end of March with nasa gl/cr.
Just watched a Youtube video of a guy doing some laps and holy crap that course looks crazy! The amount of elevation change, camber and blind corners is wild.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Just watched a Youtube video of a guy doing some laps and holy crap that course looks crazy! The amount of elevation change, camber and blind corners is wild.

I know! It's being referred to as "the little nurburgring" which seems pretty appropriate! I've got a friend with an mk6R with a big turbo that's already driven it once last year. He was in love with it!

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
That’s an interesting layout. They will need a lot of corner workers. Good to keep the apex curbs low to minimize unsettling the car. Not a lot of room for error, so that will keep adrenaline levels high.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I snuck in here from golfmk6. It is getting pretty quiet over there.

I usually don’t plan more than 1-2 days in advance. I’m only going to Laguna Seca since it’s only 45 minutes from my house. Right now my next day is going to be 2/21 with NCRC.

My car has a stage 1 tune (roughly stock mk7 hp) and a bunch of suspension work. I finally broke through the 1:50 barrier my last time out with a 1:49.18.

We should plan a GTI meet up at one or the Laguna track days. The last time out I wound up chasing a member here in a mk7 Golf R and it was a ton of fun.

Last edited: