GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Track Days

How many track days do you plan on attending in 2022?

• 0-3

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 4-7

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 8-11

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 11-15

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 15+

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I guess no one on here goes to COTA.

Unfortunately with work and family, can't go to many or further out, so stick to my local.

Next one is Mar 17.
Then May

I would like to do an event at Cresson (DFW) I've heard great things about the track

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I snuck in here from golfmk6. It is getting pretty quiet over there.

I usually don’t plan more than 1-2 days in advance. I’m only going to Laguna Seca since it’s only 45 minutes Friday m my house. Right now my next day is going to be 2/21 with NCRC.

My car has a stage 1 tune (roughly stock mk7 hp) and a bunch of suspension work. I finally broke through the 1:50 barrier my last time out with a 1:49.18.

We should plan a GTI meet up at one or the Laguna track days. The last time out I wound up chasing a member here in a mk7 Golf R and it was a ton of fun.
I like the idea of a track day meetup. I'm not a GTI, but a sorta track prepper 4motion Sportwagen.. Would love to have the opportunity to follow some faster GTI's or Golf R's to learn. Driving back roads I've found it helps with getting faster to following a similar car.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I'm planning on Laguna Seca with NCRC Sunday, Jan. 30,
Bern

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
If any of you were planning on getting a Schroth Quick Fit Pro at some point, I called them today and they said after being backordered for awhile, they just received a large shipment today!

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Nice, I was planning on getting them from Apex Performance. They had holiday sale on gift certificates so I bought myself enough to buy the Quick fit pro at 20% off!

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
I snuck in here from golfmk6. It is getting pretty quiet over there.

I usually don’t plan more than 1-2 days in advance. I’m only going to Laguna Seca since it’s only 45 minutes from my house. Right now my next day is going to be 2/21 with NCRC.

My car has a stage 1 tune (roughly stock mk7 hp) and a bunch of suspension work. I finally broke through the 1:50 barrier my last time out with a 1:49.18.

We should plan a GTI meet up at one or the Laguna track days. The last time out I wound up chasing a member here in a mk7 Golf R and it was a ton of fun.
If I get dibs on the sofa, I’m all in.😃

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Glad to see this annual thread is being kept going. My Cayman is subject to a safety recall on the rear lower control arm mounts and those are being replaced today (Cayman's have MacP struts on all 4 corners). My calendar is starting to take shape. I've been invited to an instructor clinic with the ACNW at the Ridge the weekend of 3/26-27. I am registered for 3 days at Spring Mountain in Pahrump with the ACSC, with 2 of those days in the right seat. I am leaning strongly towards going to ORP in June with the ACNW. NCRC has a 105db weekend at Laguna in July, and HOD has a Porsche day in October on the 5 mile track at Thunderhill.

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Nice, I was planning on getting them from Apex Performance. They had holiday sale on gift certificates so I bought myself enough to buy the Quick fit pro at 20% off!
I just ordered mine from Linda this week.

Registered for a day at PIR in April. Hope to do 3-4 more there and get up to The Ridge this season.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Signed up for my first track event last night! Going to TNiA at The Ridge on May 26th.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I went to NCM March 25/26/27. That is one of the funnest tracks and quite difficult to master! There are definitely a few areas where if you make mistakes and eat it, you will eat a lot of cash.

Coming up is Ozark International this weekend and I just purchased entry. I haven't been there yet, but this is also one track I'm super excited about! I was planning to take the gti out for this weekend since there's no Time Trials, but my water pump needs replacing and it needs tires, so the Z it will be.

Anyone going to OIR?