GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Maintenance schedule question

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Can any one tell me what this means? Comes up on VW's website for service when I enter my VIN. Shows up for the 40k service.

2019 Golf R DSG

https://maintenance.vw.com/#/search

IMG_20230907_101550.jpg

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
I did. IT also says if equipped Which your car is not.
That is not what your first reply said. If my car doesn't have it, then it doesn't have it.

If the top trim AWD version of the Golf does not have a "torque splitter", what trim level does?

I don't understand why VW's website would mention it if it was not available on that model year on some level Golf trim.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I believe it's the bevel box and/or rear diff fluid. Checking with a VW tech to confirm.

edit: tech says that's the rear diff fluid. since it's the same fluid as the bevel box, probably makes sense to check both on that interval.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
VW's info is confusing. I would ignore it. The same thing comes up if I input "2016 DSG", and I know I don't have a "torque splitter". The only thing I have is a rear "center" Haldex, and you change it every three years/30K miles.

Do you have an electromechanical, rear limited slip differential, the kind that has internal differential clutches on each side like a "true" LSD except that's it's electrically activated (not the old ABS service brake-applied pseudo system that's been around since at least the MK4)? Even if it does, I don't see how you can check the fluid on each side unless there is a drain plug on each side.

Curiously, there is no schedule "at this time" for a manual transmission.

Last edited:

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
I believe it's the bevel box and/or rear diff fluid. Checking with a VW tech to confirm.

edit: tech says that's the rear diff fluid. since it's the same fluid as the bevel box, probably makes sense to check both on that interval.
Can the "oil deterioration" be checked with VCDS or Obdeleven?

Otherwise it might be cheaper and easier for me to just change the fluid.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Can the "oil deterioration" be checked with VCDS or Obdeleven?

Otherwise it might be cheaper and easier for me to just change the fluid.
No, on the mk7 you just open the fill plug and check the fluid. Just has to be level. On a normal car you'd change gear oil every 50-60k, which is probably fine if your haldex isn't modified to send more torque to the rear.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How do you send more torque to the rear, when the center Haldex is only capable of being unlocked or locked, giving ether 0 to the rear wheels or 50%?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
How do you send more torque to the rear, when the center Haldex is only capable of being unlocked or locked, giving ether 0 to the rear wheels or 50%?
Pertains to a modified car only.
From what I understand the Haldex unmodified is only capable of sending sending 50% of stock power to the rear wheels. Any more power than stock and the rear wheels are getting less than 50% sent to them.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The online maintenance schedule also states -"Tires - Rotate front to rear 2015> Canada", although I didn't input my VIN.