GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI revealed in Australia

JD-1

Ready to race!
I like the color, why wasn't it available in the states? Trying to keep that deep bright blue for the R? Interesting how in Europe and AU they have tons of available packages, in the states its literally just pick your trim.

pieguy

Ready to race!
So 2019 GTI is still a Mark 7.5? When is the MK8 set to release? 2020?

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
I like the color, why wasn't it available in the states? Trying to keep that deep bright blue for the R? Interesting how in Europe and AU they have tons of available packages, in the states its literally just pick your trim.

This is also why a Golf doesn't cost you $45k in the US.

Keep it packaged simply, with slightly de-contented features means you can keep the Golf in the 25-35k bracket that the Polo fills RoW.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
180 kW = 241 hp and 370 Nm = 273 lb.-ft. of torque. Wonder if that's coming to North America in '19? Although I would not personally get a manual for a daily driver, I sure hope VW keeps the manuals for North America!

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
180 kW = 241 hp and 370 Nm = 273 lb.-ft. of torque. Wonder if that's coming to North America in '19? Although I would not personally get a manual for a daily driver, I sure hope VW keeps the manuals for North America!

Those sound like the actual real world power figures for stock GTI's which are dyno'ing around 220WHP and 270WTQ.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks exactly the same to me.

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
The so called rumor of no more manual trannies is beginning to get closer an closer to a reality. Literally makes my stomach turn a tit bit..

adam1991

Banned
Business and regulatory needs prevail.

Auto trans can get better mileage and provide better system control for emissions and so on than a manual trans car can.

Add in the take rate of manual trans vs auto, and the writing is on the wall.

It's not VW. It's the way of the world. Remember when computers meant everyone had to go buy the pieces and bolt them together and repair them occasionally? Now a computer is a throwaway, and in more and more cases is a sealed device (like what BMW wants to do with their engine compartments). You can choose to be mad at it, or you can choose to embrace it for what it is and what it brings. (And there's no question the auto trans does bring positives to the picture.)

I'm sure there are some people who long for the days of milking their own cows and churning their own butter, too. The world moves on.