GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I feel like the main reason is they are literally catching on fire, a bit more high profile than a stall. I still remember the Pinto episodes from when I was a kid, but a lot of people don't even know what Dieselgate is.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Why does the Tesla petition get press and the GTI one doesn't? Rhetorical question, but interesting.

Glad you identified this as rhetorical... was going to wear out my iPhone’s touch screen on this one! :p

italiansallion

Had the ECM Adaptations reset on my 2019 GLI on Saturday, have had a ton of stalls since then and not much help from VW to fix or buy back. Link to facebook video of what happened to my car today - would not stay turned on for more than a second or so. This was in busy traffic as well! Luckily I didn't get hit, but this is the second time I haven't been able to get the car to stay turned on in traffic.
https://www.facebook.com/therealhellastella/videos/576637806412114/

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
so basically, no dicking around with a half-response and ask for more time--just give us some more time to finish all of this with data and resolutions in one go and all that?

I can dig it.

Here's what I'm wondering: the sudden, somewhat painless success of members here going through buybacks, is it likely that VWoA just put out a quick go-ahead to authorize some x number of buybacks on the spot, so that they could get some known cars back in to their main shops for some serious testing?

Yes. Many tech companies do this. They'll capture known failed devices and they'll undergo failure analysis. The fact that this took so long for VW to get to doing a bunch of buybacks is sort of mind boggling though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had the ECM Adaptations reset on my 2019 GLI on Saturday, have had a ton of stalls since then and not much help from VW to fix or buy back. Link to facebook video of what happened to my car today - would not stay turned on for more than a second or so. This was in busy traffic as well! Luckily I didn't get hit, but this is the second time I haven't been able to get the car to stay turned on in traffic.
https://www.facebook.com/therealhellastella/videos/576637806412114/

It took the dealer doing adaptions 3 times to get my car driving normally.

italiansallion

Yeah, I've heard that it can take a couple of times, but at this point I'm pushing for a buyback since this is the second time I've had this crazy on-off cycle happen, and nearly got into an accident yesterday because of it.

MALMAZDA

HI all, Newbie here from Canada. Not sure to post here or in the Canada section. Is there anyone else in Canada having this issue? I am getting nowhere with the dealership and VW Canada. My Rabbit has been at the dealership for over 5 weeks while they await instructions from VW Canada. Sooooo frustrating

I've been aware of the stalling on my car since june and since then the only thing that happened is me driving a 2019 Tiguan for 2 months and now I have my car back still not fixed but they gave me a set of nokian winter tires for the trouble. I know the guy at the dealership pretty well and he's very open about what is happening on VW's side and still nothing right now.