GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 manual trans different than 2016 manual?

billyho

So I had a 2016 GTI SE 6MT and the clutch went at 7k miles. The car was not tuned nor modded except for some vcds tweaks. I have since totaled said 2016 GTI in the one and only snowstorm we've had this winter. I spoke with my dealer who said the parts of the 2017 6MT were upgraded.. Can anyone confirm or deny this or is the dealer just blowing smoke??

Thanks!

For what it's worth, even though the transmission sucked and the sunroof was rattling and squeaking and driving me nuts, the car did it's job in the accident. I hit a tree sideways on the passenger side which bent the passenger seat and broke all windows. All airbags deployed and the only real injury I had was a cut hand from a piece of glass and a little banged up but nothing major, walked away except for stitches in my hand.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I haven't heard anything on this, went to look up some part numbers but couldn't find them for the 2017 yet. Might have to call the dealership and see what they give you. If it is 06K141015B its the same.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Well I had a salesman once tell me the CC R-Line was only available in manual and had a bigger turbo than the standard CC.

What was great is that I was standing next to a DSG R-Line at the time.

So never trust salespeople.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
All this talk about stock clutch going at less than 10k miles is really concerning :(

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Been JB1/4 for over 10k and no issues. FBO on JB4 for 4k. Next weekend I'm probably going to blow through my clutch really quick since IS38 will hopefully be going on haha. Luckily I have other cars to drive if it gets really bad until I replace it.. fingers crossed!