GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 MK7 GTI DSG stuttering/hesitating under boost

Jakeokj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Cy# 4 plug after one time running the car to data log for you and one more before

Attachments

• 545CCBED-F40A-4187-B5E8-6763831B6D89.jpeg
    545CCBED-F40A-4187-B5E8-6763831B6D89.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85

Jakeokj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Looking a bit oily too for just being put in.
I agree, the oil was there when I took out the olds though I didn’t clean because it was far down so I don’t know how old that is. I peaked in 3 and 4 with a borescope just now and nothing is hanging around in there. In other words they look fine. Continuing onto 1 & 2

Jakeokj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not done my hybrid yet, I was doing maintenance coils.
I’m a stock turbo tuned on e30 by sneeky. Basic bolts ons, downpipe, intercooler. I can’t seem to get Flickr to work but I see a fair amount of what looks to be carbon buildup. No debris but the cylinder faces are a grey black color. Closer to black and the edges are not as defined as the video you sent. But they are visible.

Jakeokj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The same continues to #1 & 2. No metal just carbon buildup. Or what seems to be. I will return shortly after finishing up some work thank you so much for your help

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Are you blending your e30 at the pumps or do you have an ethanol gauge? I wonder if your e30 is really e45 and it's running hot and maybe lean.

Jakeokj

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Are you blending your e30 at the pumps or do you have an ethanol gauge? I wonder if your e30 is really e45 and it's running hot and maybe lean.
I am blending at pumps, I have a sensor and gauge and I test gas before I put it it. Always fall between 29 and 31.5. Once dipping down to 27 but that was a few thousand miles ago.