GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Autobahn: Engine Light Malfunction

F12

Ready to race!
To keep things short, was on my way back from Canadian Tire and doing a quick pull in a straight line. I let off the gas as there was a stop sign in the distance and began downshifting. When I finally got to the stop sign, I noticed my engine malfunction light on.

Thankfully it wasn't flashing so it's still safe to drive until I can get an appointment, but just wondering if anybody else has had theirs pop up under similar circumstances. The dealers around my area are closed for the rest of the weekend.

Notes:

-It is quite warm today, around 27 degrees celsius
-My car's oil temp was around 103-104 degrees celsius
It was basically a sprint over a stretch of no more than 1500 metres or so, so it wasnt an extended push
-I was nowhere near redline

I highly doubt anybody has had this happen yet, just thought I'd ask.
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks all

F12

Ready to race!
Well when I got home I shut off the car and turned it back on and the light was still on. I'll give it another go tomorrow but I'll probably need to take it into the dealer. :(

F12

Ready to race!
Thought I'd give this an update since nobody else has had this issue yet.

To sum it up, it was a software glitch. The car did not suffer from any driveability issues, didn't idle rough, no loss in power etc.

Thankfully though, I was able to stop the dealer from giving me the Stage 2 swirl tune. Phew!

lengend

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad the car's okay! Is that last bit some sort of inside joke that I'm missing?

I'm going to guess it's to there courtesy wash that is pointless...

Like I brought in a perfectly clean car with rims and tires and they wash my car and ruin everything. It's common sense. Don't fucking wash a clean car

/rant

F12

Ready to race!
^Correct!

Saw the tech take my car out for a "test drive" to make sure the malfunction light didn't reappear, then I saw it parked in a different area. I was able to tell them no wash.

Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THEM WASH IT EVAR

lengend

Passed Driver's Ed
^Correct!

Saw the tech take my car out for a "test drive" to make sure the malfunction light didn't reappear, then I saw it parked in a different area. I was able to tell them no wash.

Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THEM WASH IT EVAR

Yea they washed it on my first oil change. I didn't know they did this so I told the service manager to never ever wash this car again lol.

F12

Ready to race!
Yea they washed it on my first oil change. I didn't know they did this so I told the service manager to never ever wash this car again lol.

I see why they do it, as a "value" adder and to make it seem more prestigious I guess. But I'll bet most of the GTI drivers actually care about their car's paint

lengend

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea but don't wash a car that's clean. I had soap stains on my windows. Luckily my profession is auto detailing so I can polish my car anytime but I shouldn't have too lol