GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Lexus IS!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup:
I'd be scared of the thing eating me......
Jesus that thing is ugly.

:clap:

Hopefully, the grille will evolve into something like the GS. Looks much better. The whole honeycomb covering does make it look like a predator.

:word::word::word::word::word:

No doubt the car has quality,but judging by the picture is a NO so far,don't think it'll be different on the street either. NEXT..!

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
^ you're right haha. How are they going to put a license plate there? I think the GS grille looked like that at some point before production.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Looks better in these shots than the ones I saw on Autoblog earlier today. Wide angle lenses do not suit this car well.

However, not a fan of that grille. The headlights are interesting, though, with their use of implied line.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
Jesus that thing is ugly.

LOL, that is spot on!! :bellyroll:

no way that grill makes (U.S.) production, especially with a plate in mind....

but if you look really close, you can see BEHIND this ridiculous mesh, the contiuation of the bumper line from the sides.... likely this mesh dealio is for show, or just to show original design intention....

like MKVInce pointed out, it will likely end up more like the GS ....

McQueen77

Banned
just can't get into the asian styling. acura is even worse the past several years. i have however always liked the look of the is250 from the rear and side, but that grill/front end has always been unfortunate. i'd much prefer infiniti if I had to spend a grip of cash on an asian luxury car.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The concepts are always toned down for production. I'm pretty sure that hideous grill will be toned down. With that said the tail lights look nice from the back but, I think they exaggerated it too much on the side wrap around.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Toyota is trying too hard.

Like the headlights. Tails and grille are just fugly. The side body line that extends up into the tails is too sharp. Again, trying too hard. One thing I can't get over about Lexus is that it does not exist in it's home country.

That thing will sell faster than a shot disappears from Blake Sheltons' glass though.

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
That's just plain aweful looking. At least if you own one, you'll be sitting inside where it actually looks quite good.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
The whole new Lexus styling looks pretty nice IMO. I saw a few GS350 F Sport, and they look very nice. The front design is very aggressive. Body lines are clean. Interior is levels above the last gen, really a big step up.

Engine and performance wise, I'm not really impressed with all the JMD luxury brands in general. For whatever reason, it seems like all the German manufacturers are leaning toward the forced inductioned engines, but Japanese kinda goes toward natural aspirated.

C4L

Banned
Here are my thoughts, as I was sort-of looking forward to this vehicle.

Front
- The grill is oversized and awkwardly shaped with weird transition mesh
- The headlights are small and poorly shaped. Curves AND sharp lines...
- The LED DRL's look like they were just tacked on.
- The front fascia/lower valence looks ricer (this IS an F-Sport IS250 model...)

Side
- The only part I mostly like. I like the character lines at the rear and the exaggerated hofmeister kink. The cabin looks properly set back in the chassis but unfortunately in such a small car means a large rear overhang to accommodate for a larger trunk and back seat (major complaints of the previous gen) The wheels look fine too for a '250' model in this case.

Rear
- Tails are too large and appear to extend further out the side then they do on the back
- The rest is crazy generic and the whole bumper/lower valence/exhaust looks like it could be on a $25k Camry...

Interior
- A cross between a new RX and CT200h with the analog clock and HVAC vents from the GS. Looks fine but not great to me.
- The ergonomics look terrible. Screen far away and out of reach (isn't touch), the primary controls actually angle AWAY from the driver... The cupholders leave no room for a passenger armrest or the driver to use the 'mouse-like' joystick to its front. The shifter is set really far forward, beyond the plane of the steering wheel. I am assuming no manual option will be there in this new gen.
- The gauage cluster, while LF-A inspried, and 'cool' looking, are excessively cluttered and borderline illegible (I know from experience) and could be quite confusing for the 30-50 year old women that frequently buy these things.
- The switchgear is right from the Toyota parts bin. Window/mirror/lock swithces. Plastic door handles. And other things I am sure in the overhead counsel and whatnot.
- Conflicting material finishes, mostly because of the use of Toyota switchgear mixed with Lexus bits. First thing I see is polished finish on the door handles next to the matte finish silver trim on the door panels. Just weird to me.

And then mechincally this car is virtually a carry-over form the previous gen. That means, unfortunately, the crappy 204hp 2.5L V6 and the decent 305hp 3.5L V6. Certainly no match for ANY of the newer cars in this class with their forced induction/direct injection applications.

Overall, FAIL...