GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5k mile MK7 leaking fluids

trashb0y

Ready to race!
**UPDATE**

transmission filter housing was replaced due to a 'hairline crack'.

Have had my GTI Sport for about 2 months now, only 2.5k miles on it. So far so good, or I thought.

Yesterday, I came home from school, and took a couple pulls in 3rd/4th gear, but never redlining or anything (I usually shift kinda early actually). I didn't hear anything different from my car (windows were down, music was off, just got a res delete and wanted to hear it), but when I got home, there was a huge puddle on street and where I was parked. I went to go follow the trail on my bike, and it looks like it had leaking for the last 1/2 mile before I got home.

You can see in the picture the size of the leak, and the approximate location (driver side, right next to the front-left wheel).

When I touched/smelled the liquid, it felt thin, and smelled like oil. The color was light brown, and when I took it into the dealer, they said it was most likely coolant. When I looked it up on various forums and asked the guy who towed my car, they said it could be my tranny fluid.

There is no CEL.

Anyone have any experience or insight into what my problem could be?

Last edited:

drrck

Go Kart Champion
It's under warranty, let them deal with it.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
At 1500 miles I had my oil pan gasket, side timing covers, and the valve cover replaced due to oil leaks LOL. My VAQ has a baby leak right now, but haven't taken it in yet due to my signature.