GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19x8.5 et35? How will it fit?

Randyg563

So I have this awesome deal on a set of avant garde rims. I was looking for et45, but these are et35. How will it fit? My mk7 is on stock suspension right now, but I plan on installing vwr springs in the future. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG3MK7

Ready to race!

Should be fine in stock suspension. Even though mines are 18s. Drop might run rub on on big bumps and potholes depending how low you go so you will need to be more cautious. Fender screw mod will be advised.

Yomny1

Ready to race!

Should be fine in stock suspension. Even though mines are 18s. Drop might run rub on on big bumps and potholes depending how low you go so you will need to be more cautious. Fender screw mod will be advised.

I thought the issue would be more inside with wheels possibly hitting springs or shock perch but if that clears fine then as you said the lowering amount would be the only concern.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Depends on your tire size and how low you are. If you look at LG3's picture above you can see they are clearly stretched (225 tire?). All tires are not equal in width either; for instance, my 245 tire is as wide (or wider) than most 255 tires on the market. Typically A/S tires are more narrow than Summer tires and real performance tires are wider than most normal summer tires... but some brands are wider than others too. I can tell you that my 245/40-18 Dunlop ZII Star Specs rub a lot with a 18x8.5 et 42, most of the rubbing happens where the fender and front bumper meet.

Everything will clear on the backside of the wheel though.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Worse they're 215s. I'm saving up for some meaty tires. But yeah on my mk6 I had audi wheels 18x8 at 43 or something, wheels 235 sitting on h&r sport springs. Was flush but any little bump it would rub.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Depends on your tire size and how low you are. If you look at LG3's picture above you can see they are clearly stretched (225 tire?). All tires are not equal in width either; for instance, my 245 tire is as wide (or wider) than most 255 tires on the market. Typically A/S tires are more narrow than Summer tires and real performance tires are wider than most normal summer tires... but some brands are wider than others too. I can tell you that my 245/40-18 Dunlop ZII Star Specs rub a lot with a 18x8.5 et 42, most of the rubbing happens where the fender and front bumper meet.

Everything will clear on the backside of the wheel though.
RJ i got some 18x8.5 et 35 v705s. They look gorgeous. I wanted to run a 245 like you but decided that might be an issue.

PSS 235/40/18. how you feel about them. I keep hearing the PSS are the best you can get for a daily driver that does really stupid stuff on on ramps and maybe a day or 3 on an auto x course.

What you think? Also your enkeis really irritate me on how good they look :p

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
RJ i got some 18x8.5 et 35 v705s. They look gorgeous. I wanted to run a 245 like you but decided that might be an issue.

PSS 235/40/18. how you feel about them. I keep hearing the PSS are the best you can get for a daily driver that does really stupid stuff on on ramps and maybe a day or 3 on an auto x course.

What you think? Also your enkeis really irritate me on how good they look :p

Congrats, PSS are great street tires. 8.5" wide 35 offset on 235 PSS will rub if you are lowered at all, just a heads up.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Congrats, PSS are great street tires. 8.5" wide 35 offset on 235 PSS will rub if you are lowered at all, just a heads up.
front and rear? or just front?

I can do the fender screw thing if its just the front.

worst comes to worst i can use 225s and hate myself for having skinny tires