GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1929 Ford Model A Sedan Hot Rod

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nope…not spam

This is really hard to write and it absolutely pains me to list this.
My father owned and maintained this car for 20 years; so much care, time and effort went into this build as he wanted to recreate the car he had growing up in Idaho. When he lost his eyesight, I bought it to keep it in the family, but due to life circumstances, I can no longer hold onto it.

This beautiful, all steel 1929 Ford hot rod needs to find a new owner. You will not find a single ‘29 Ford around like it. 100% garaged all its life. The full build sheet is available with specs on every single part of it. Specific pictures can also be taken as well if you need them… just ask.

This ‘29 is an absolute cruiser. My father and I have taken it to shows at Carlyle, Louisville and many other small shows all around the mid Atlantic - has been at the Richmond C&C several times too, so you may have seen it there. The paint is good, but it does show that it’s a driver. Nothing needs replacing; this is turn-key for the new owner.

Quick specs:
-350 mated to a TH2004R, 4-speed automatic; with all GM modifications and set up as Buick, GNX type w/shift kit
-70 Camaro rear end, narrowed, 12-bolt (Eaton) Tru-Trac positraction with Moser axles (set up for Ford bolt pattern); Motive 3.55 gearing

Recent maintenance:
Every single bushing was replaced in 2018.
New Tea Design bucket seats added in 2018.
Edelbrock 600 carburetor fully rebuilt 2021
Transmission serviced/adjusted for quicker shifting in 2021.
Fully cleaned and sealed by Miranda Detailing in 2022.

I’m asking 50k, but will entertain serious offers. It’s also a hot rod, so naturally it’s as-is. Detailers pics included and then my own interior pics will follow.

Located in VA

820D485F-EC30-48BD-9A1D-0AD8046DB444.jpeg
D10D32AE-BB66-472E-ACBC-F205CCD20A59.jpeg
6CEF2D17-7B49-46C6-B149-BCDEAA14BB87.jpeg
92C73369-5651-4247-8E96-7E5AB40A093C.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Bro, sucks that you can't keep it. Did you list it on any other forums/websites? I know VB C&C have their own website and FB, might be worth listing it on there or if Richmond C&C has one. My Dad is starting to go blind and he can't drive at night so his '68 Firebird lives in the garage unless there's a car show to go to during the daytime. My parents live out in Arizona so it's pretty much just a show car but I'll be the one, out of my 2 younger brothers, that will get it when that day comes because I'm a car nut just like my Dad. Good luck with the sale...

123_1(9).jpeg

123_1(10).jpeg

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Bro, sucks that you can't keep it. Did you list it on any other forums/websites? I know VB C&C have their own website and FB, might be worth listing it on there or if Richmond C&C has one. My Dad is starting to go blind and he can't drive at night so his '69 Firebird lives in the garage unless there's a car show to go to during the daytime. My parents live out in Arizona so it's pretty much just a show car but I'll be the one, out of my 2 younger brothers, that will get it when that day comes because I'm a car nut just like my Dad. Good luck with the sale...

View attachment 254877
View attachment 254878

Drew that’s gorgeous! It’s a good thing you’ll get it…it’ll be well taken care of.

I haven’t listed on the C&C site yet, but have via a general FB ad. I’ll work on the C&C route next…. Will take to the next one with a for sale sign in the window. Kills me to do it, but for this season, I have to let it go. My dad would understand….he sold his original for college funds…. I’ll be doing the same.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I love the color on your Ford a lot more than the green on my Dad's Firebird but that's the original color from his first Firebird so he wanted this one to be the same.

I already told my Dad that when I get the Firebird, I'm boosting it with probably a Procharger.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I love the color on your Ford a lot more than the green on my Dad's Firebird but that's the original color from his first Firebird so he wanted this one to be the same.

I already told my Dad that when I get the Firebird, I'm boosting it with probably a Procharger.
I wanted to put a supercharger on the Fords 350 small block so badly, and then gear it for driving on the street. Tried to talk my dad into doing it for the last decade. Was not to be.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I’ve seen this car in person and I can attest that it is super clean! Even more so when you realize the mileage and age!

Best of luck with the sale and I’m sure she will go to a good home!

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I’ve been into traditional hot rods for a long time. Your dad’s A is beautiful. Try listing it in the H.A.M.B. forum. Best of luck!

Attachments

• 584D6453-DE57-4F8B-9DB8-FC24A0DEE703.jpeg
    584D6453-DE57-4F8B-9DB8-FC24A0DEE703.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 63999B7C-0CBA-4D36-9362-37C551D98549.jpeg
    63999B7C-0CBA-4D36-9362-37C551D98549.jpeg
    733.6 KB · Views: 45

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’ve been into traditional hot rods for a long time. Your dad’s A is beautiful. Try listing it in the H.A.M.B. forum. Best of luck!
Bro! Where you at? That high boy is awesome

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Napa! Thanks. The car is built a little rough around the edges but I like it like that. 327, solid cam, open lakes headers, Muncie, 411 post rear end. It’s fun!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Napa! Thanks. The car is built a little rough around the edges but I like it like that. 327, solid cam, open lakes headers, Muncie, 411 post rear end. It’s fun!
Napa ID???

I’d love to take my fenders off and roll high boy style, but too much work lol. Your engine setup is exactly what I’d like to move to

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Napa,ca. the three Rochesters are really simple. Sips gas 90% of the time running in the center carb. When the other two carbs open it really comes alive. The intake chokes off around 5500 rpm but 327s love to rev. I’d make way more power with a modern 4 barrel intake and merged headers but that’s not what this car is all about and at around 2000 pounds more power isn’t necessary as the bias ply tire can’t put the power down anyway.