GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x8 wheels 19.6lbs $159 each!

Whackamac

Ready to race!
Was looking for some inexpensive, light wheels to throw some Michelin PSS's on for my hillclimb and autoX fetishes.

Came upon a Tirerack sale today. Advanti Racing Drago 18x8 et45 wheels for $159 each. Found that they weigh only 19.6lbs which is a significant weight drop from the stock Austins. I think they will look nice on my Carbon Grey and finally give this beast the grip she is begging for. I know there are 17-18lb wheels, but bang for buck stepped in and voila! Compared to what I was prepared to pay, I now get the H&R springs and sway essentially for free now. Yay!

I found that with my mods, the stock all seasons are all but ineffective if you like to put the gas pedal down any further than the a$$ hair of an electron. I got the car to spin the tires at 75mph when it was damp out once when I punched it. Too much German engineering for those poor Italian shoes I guess.:cool:

So I bought a set with some Michelin PSS 235/40/18's. This girl should stick now... A question, what spacers (if any) would I need on the wider wheels/offset to insure flushness?

Anyway... sneek peek pic I found from a set on an Audi S4:

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Not bad...I looked at those last year, but bought other wheels instead

My new wheels though will be (somewhat) similar to those....I went with the new rotary forged TSW Bathurst:

Terra

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm using 18x8" ET45 wheels with Michelin PSS 235/40 and H&R OE springs
For me flushing is perfect without spacers

I think Austin offset is 49 (in Brasil we have only 17" OEM wheels)
Using only 18x8" ET 45 is the same that install a 10,35mm spacers on your OEM Austin
How? 4mm is increased by new offset and 6,35mm by wider wheel (0,5" / 2)

Maybe my numbers are wrong...

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Here's another plug for some cheap wheels. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7793

PM him for pricing. It will blow your socks off! WAY cheaper than ECS, Modded Euros, Mod Bargains, or anywhere you can find these wheels. Im getting V703 18X8.5 et45 which will be perfectly flush for our cars. Lighter than stock, gorgeous, and cheap as hell for a quality wheels. Can't wait!

We price match btw :)

No one should be lower than us as we are literally as low as you can go on VMR as per our dealer contracts everyone must abide by.