GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18's on Golf R

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Some people have said that the calipers rub on some 18" if you were looking to replace the stock. Just have to be careful about which ones you get.

I havnt seen one person saying they hit the calipers on 18s... most of us are running 17s for winter, now those cut it close but still plenty of space

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Yeah I don't think 18" wheels are a problem with the stock R brakes, unless you got a wheel that was a real funky spec or built "wrong". Really a non-issue, since they came with 18's stock.

defcon5

Ready to race!
Some people have said that the calipers rub on some 18" if you were looking to replace the stock. Just have to be careful about which ones you get.

I have brand new MK6 Watkins Glenn 18's in my garage, left over from my totaled GTI. I may consider using them at some point.

Since the R comes with 18" wheels as standard on several markets I'd assume
some folks are running these. 18" and 17" OE wheels clear the calipers.
I'm running 17" Mk.V wheels during winter on my Clubsport (same brakes as R).

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
The only issue with the 17" wheels for winter (which I run) is that in deep snow and slush the clearance between the rotors and the inner wheel edge is pretty small, and frozen crud gets in there and you get the wobble noise and feel at speed until you clean it out with a stick. Which is why everyone needs to carry a stick or something similar if they drive in the snow.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Yes, I'm running 18's for winter!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)