GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" RPF1's with TTS brakes

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I fried my stock brakes at my last track day, and decided it's about time I upgrade (pic below, explains why my brake fade wasn't going away even after I let everything cool down...). I wanted to go with Macan brakes, but they aren't compatible with my 17" rpf1's. Does anyone in the SF bay area have TTS brakes that I would be able to test fit one of my wheels on?

IMG_20210326_160241[1].jpg

UPDATE: They DO NOT fit, even with excessive spacers.

Last edited:

1970something

Ready to race!
Just as an alternative, you can get in touch with Enkei USA and ask if the wheels will fit on a TTS. I did this when I bought my 17x8 RPF1 wheels for my car. Enkei seems to have brake caliper geometry data and can compare it to their wheel geometry. Hope this helps

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Just as an alternative, you can get in touch with Enkei USA and ask if the wheels will fit on a TTS. I did this when I bought my 17x8 RPF1 wheels for my car. Enkei seems to have brake caliper geometry data and can compare it to their wheel geometry. Hope this helps
That's a good idea, I'll try that. I've been searching through their suppliers to find if any of them have info, and it's been conflicting at best.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I wanted to go with Macan brakes, but they aren't compatible with my 17" rpf1's. Does anyone in the SF bay area have TTS brakes that I would be able to test fit one of my wheels on?
What specs are your RPF1's?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Do you by a chance know what the dimensions of the brake caliper on the hub are? I know you said you are able to run your 17" winter setup with these in the macan vs TTS caliper thread (and it looked pretty comfortable), which is what's giving me hope.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
They're the 17x7.5 et48's. I'm planning to use 10mm spacers, but idk about barrel size.
That might work depending on the face of the RPF 1's. I currently use 10mm spacers on my 18x8 Alleggerita's that are et48. Maybe on the weekend if it isn't raining I can take the wheel off and get some measurements for you. You just have to let me know which exact measurements you will need.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Thanks, that would be super helpful!

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
You are most likely not going to find anyone local with the TTS brakes to test with as there aren't many of us who have them installed.

My 19" Pretoria's need a minimum of a 10mm spacer. I think they are ET50ish. I have a 12MM spacer on them now to provide a little wiggle room.

My 17x7.5 (Replika R195's) and 17x8 (Bremmer Kraft BR16s) winter wheels were both ET45 and I needed (I estimate) around a 6MM spacer to fit. The smallest I had available was a 10MM spacer and that provided ample space.

This is about a year old now, so I have no idea how accurate it is as far as availability or pricing, but here is the breakdown on cost and parts when I did my swap last year:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/macan-vs-tts-callipers.366204/page-20#post-7464443

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
So I bit the bullet and bought a single TTS caliper from DAP to test, and they don't fit. I would probably need a 30+mm spacer for them to clear the barrel. They touch in multiple points, but the worst is on the car-side of the caliper on the outer face. The caliper gets larger there and the wheel diameter gets smaller there, and a wide section of the faces meet together there. It seems like it might even be worse than the macan calipers. Whelp, maybe time to get 18" wheels and do the macan calipers instead.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
So I bit the bullet and bought a single TTS caliper from DAP to test, and they don't fit. I would probably need a 30+mm spacer for them to clear the barrel. They touch in multiple points, but the worst is on the car-side of the caliper on the outer face. The caliper gets larger there and the wheel diameter gets smaller there, and a wide section of the faces meet together there. It seems like it might even be worse than the macan calipers. Whelp, maybe time to get 18" wheels and do the macan calipers instead.
RPF1's were my wheel of choice too. From what I know even the 18" RPF1's won't clear without significant amount of spacers.

I went with WedSport TC105x, 18x8.5, +43 and pretty much fit all the brake kits that I wanted to get.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
RPF1's were my wheel of choice too. From what I know even the 18" RPF1's won't clear without significant amount of spacers.

I went with WedSport TC105x, 18x8.5, +43 and pretty much fit all the brake kits that I wanted to get.
Yea, I'm currently looking at 18" Sport Edition P3's because budget. Them with +35 offset should fit how I want. I'm also scanning the classifieds but without much luck as of yet. Also, My RPF1's are going to be for sale shortly if anyone's interested, they're in nearly perfect condition.