GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Audi S3 springs fitted to a Mk7 GTI SE for track use 😎

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
you do realize that the Audi 8V springs regardless of OE or Sportline are shorter than the R.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.39.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.39.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.40.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.41.06 AM.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
First pic: sloped driveway, car backed in, @$$ facing uphill.

Pics 2-3: semi flat parking lot a week or so ago.

Sharing for reference and posterity.
Yeah. I had my car that low & with regular 245 summer tires, it was fine. When i went 265 summer / 255 200TW, had to raise up an inch at least.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
KW offers a 20mm front spacer which would be your only option to keep the front springs..

View attachment 303943View attachment 303944View attachment 303945
Unpacking this:

1) Thank you for sharing this. Had no clue it existed.

2) It does NOT exist on the ST Suspension site for North America. Just spent a bunch of time confirming. Even called them.

3) It is available in Europe, but ST won't sell it to us here in the US without confirming fitment for a specific suspension application.

In my case, Bilstein "stock style struts" with stock strut mounts may or may not work per the C/S rep. He was very black and white about it, but hey...it's a German company. They're rule followers to the letter.

4) How did you obtain your kit shown in this photo?

Link below is the only way I have found to access this kit. It does not show installed photos, and is unclear if the price is for one side or a full kit (the photos add confusion):

https://www.st-suspensions.net/shop...ar=59116&pgs=161&ag=stspringdistancekitfa20mm

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/176339086974?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Same kit. ULTRA ambiguous on what is actually included and how it works. Look closely:

1 pic shows a spacer that would go inside the strut-spring assembly (what we want and need), thus increasing the static ride height inside the strut.

Another product photo shows only a top-mounted bracket/spacer that would go between the strut top mount and the strut tower, which wouldn't address the issue with lack of stroke/compression travel. It would yield a taller ride height and better tire clearance, but it's masking the true issue:

...suspension will still crash on hard bumps due to compressed state of struts with these short springs.

Conclusion: this is an awesome idea, but product pages are missing critical info, and it is not available to N/A owners, even when I offered to be a test mule for them.

Total product tease... 😫 🤢 👀

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Correct free length on the R springs are longer than Audi 8V S3
Thank you. Are these specs and data for stock VAG springs, or Eibach aftermarket springs on these applications? Asking for clarity/comprehension.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Unpacking this:

1) Thank you for sharing this. Had no clue it existed.

2) It does NOT exist on the ST Suspension site for North America. Just spent a bunch of time confirming. Even called them.

3) It is available in Europe, but ST won't sell it to us here in the US without confirming fitment for a specific suspension application.

In my case, Bilstein "stock style struts" with stock strut mounts may or may not work per the C/S rep. He was very black and white about it, but hey...it's a German company. They're rule followers to the letter.

4) How did you obtain your kit shown in this photo?

Link below is the only way I have found to access this kit. It does not show installed photos, and is unclear if the price is for one side or a full kit (the photos add confusion):

https://www.st-suspensions.net/shop?c_make=121&c_model=10585&c_car=59116&pgs=161&ag=stspringdistancekitfa20m

Trust me there are only one or 2 Germans working at KW North america

The spacer fits between the chassis and oe upper strut mount has nothing to do with shock mfg

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Trust me there are only one or 2 Germans working at KW North america

The spacer fits between the chassis and oe upper strut mount has nothing to do with shock mfg
Thank you, unfortunately this won't help in my situation. I just need a taller spring in the correct linear rate to go in there.

Still happy to know these products exist, though.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
That is just a generic photo I provided you with the kit info and install instructions

The money you spent on this I would of spent it on the ST XTA kit which come with linear 70Nmm/50Nmm springs you can also chose your own rate, camber plates and rebound adj
It’s actually their XA coil over kit that I’m interested in, but they will not disclose spring rates. Any chance you know those?

I’m trying to keep a stock style strut mount for NVH/comfort.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
It’s actually their XA coil over kit that I’m interested in, but they will not disclose spring rates. Any chance you know those?

I’m trying to keep a stock style strut mount for NVH/comfort.

personally the XTA kit with 400f/285r lb springs and low gas pressure dampers and camber plates won't really notice

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
That drop on the R springs isn't too bad, but from what I remember, the eibach springs are all close to the stock rates. I'm looking for, and probably so is Goat, essentially a stiffer stock spring, with a minimal drop.

@GoatAutomotive Did you install the magride or non-magride 034 springs? I wonder how their Golf R springs would be on a GTI.
Spring rubbers are a possible solution. Put them on at the track, take them off when you're done.

I use them on the front of the car for AX and they work great.