GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That's the thing, it's just a boop, no twist required. If I had to quantify the appropriate amount of boop, I'd say obnoxious younger sibling. Yea, use the same quantity of boop you'd use on a younger sibling to encourage them to exit your room or vicinity. If it doesn't work, add approximately 15% more boop and reapply.
15% more for sibling. Got it. How about the center cap?

ug_rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Anyone out there running the 17x9s with 245/40 or 255/40 PS4S (or similar) on stock suspension? I'm curious if that will rub with just the fender screw mod but no additional camber.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Anyone out there running the 17x9s with 245/40 or 255/40 PS4S (or similar) on stock suspension? I'm curious if that will rub with just the fender screw mod but no additional camber.
A 245/40-17 PS4S should fit without rubbing on a car with stock suspension if you've done the fender screw mod. You might be able to make the 255/40-17 work with stock suspension, but there is a chance you could get some rubbing under suspension compression with factory camber specs. I haven't seen any pictures of these specific setups but if I do find an example similar to what you're looking for, I'll be sure to post it here.

-Geirsen

Johaan

Ready to race!
Soon! Finally getting these on next week with 235/40-18 AS4s. Still can’t decide between Apex and VW caps … like them for different reasons.

Apex represents and answers a question.

VW is clean and looks like it was meant to be there.

Tough choice, but no wrong answer.

FCEDD5A4-F434-4487-9EC1-15896F032D22.jpeg
35AC73B2-81AB-44D3-930E-0199D4651F66.jpeg
E728BA94-C765-4406-8D1E-A535C6F28348.jpeg

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Soon! Finally getting these on next week with 235/40-18 AS4s. Still can’t decide between Apex and VW caps … like them for different reasons.

Apex represents and answers a question.

VW is clean and looks like it was meant to be there.

Tough choice, but no wrong answer.

View attachment 224444View attachment 224445View attachment 224446
My vote is on VW center caps, but I'd go a step further and get the dynamic caps. That's just me though.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The VW center caps make the wheels look like the VW Rotary wheels, though. ECS sells the new VW logo center caps which might look a bit cleaner.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Quick update on the APEX VW front!

Both red and blue VW-spec APEX center caps will be in stock and ready to ship next week! The colored center caps are currently live on our website and you can place an order via the following link: https://www.apexraceparts.com/store/accessories/center-caps/apex-center-caps.html

We have also officially started production on VW stud conversion kits, which should be in stock and ready to ship by the end of October. These kits will utilize 75mm length M14x1.5mm studs (good for use with up to 12mm spacers) with 17mm nuts and will include everything you need (except red Loctite) to convert your VW hardware from lugs to studs. Retail price will be $124.99 for the full kit.

Lastly, for those of you who participated in our VW photo request promo, your T-shirts will be shipping out before the end of this week.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions!

-Geirsen

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Figured I should update the thread with some sweet photos.

Big thaks to
@thoms_Visuals for the shoot but the wheels came out great!

18x9
265/35/18 Accelera 651 Sports
Lots of happiness :D

Attachments

• Brian_s GTI (21 of 35).jpg
    Brian_s GTI (21 of 35).jpg
    13 MB · Views: 208
  • Brian_s GTI (33 of 35).jpg
    Brian_s GTI (33 of 35).jpg
    11.3 MB · Views: 206
  • Brian_s GTI (35 of 35).jpg
    Brian_s GTI (35 of 35).jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 210

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
What is your clearance to the RR fuel filler tube? Any mods to clear the 265/35/18 wtires?

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
I have used the butt end of a screw driver and a light tap from the inside to pop out my VW wheel caps -- easy peasy. I'm still keeping the APEX caps on because I think they look good and it's a little act of protest against VW for its factory wheels.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
What is your clearance to the RR fuel filler tube? Any mods to clear the 265/35/18 wtires?
at the moment I have 235s on a 8.5 in the rear. It will fit just fine as on my other setup it was et35 on 255s in the rear. I'll get some photos tonight on a 265 on the 18x9 in the rear.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
at the moment I have 235s on a 8.5 in the rear. It will fit just fine as on my other setup it was et35 on 255s in the rear. I'll get some photos tonight on a 265 on the 18x9 in the rear.
Reverse Stagger FTW!

Curious to see the rear clearance with the 265/35-18 Accelera Sports. If you can take any inner wheel well pictures showing how much room you have between the tire and fuel filler hose, that would be super helpful! I have yet to come across anyone running a 265 on the rear of their GTI with the 18x9" ET42 so I haven't been able to follow up with fuel filler hose clearance recommendations in our MK7 fitment guide.

-Geirsen

Johaan

Ready to race!
18s representing! Love it... finally got them done today.

2018 MK7.5 - GTI-S Night blue
Stock Suspension
APEX SM-10 18 x 8.5 in anthracite
Michelin AS4 235/40 R18

Lunch-hour photos... will get better ones this weekend.

Attachments

• Image from iOS (13).jpg
    Image from iOS (13).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • Image from iOS (7).jpg
    Image from iOS (7).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
  • Image from iOS (6).jpg
    Image from iOS (6).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
  • Image from iOS (14).jpg
    Image from iOS (14).jpg