GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
I got this. I read it was shipped out. Maybe I misunderstood and it was a preparing to ship email

View attachment 220123
I received an email with subject: Your APEX Group Buy Order is Ready to Ship

Instead of starting with "Hey DarkArrow" (username on GangUp) like all the updates through GangUp, it started with Hi Jeff. It included the amount they were going to charge my card and my order was being processed for shipping. It was the only email from GangUp that went into my spam folder, so maybe check that.

I have not received any shipping confirmation or tracking number (spam folder is empty), but UPS sent me a notification that packages from Aftermarket Performance Express are out for delivery today. So, I guess I'm getting them today.

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
I got this. I read it was shipped out. Maybe I misunderstood and it was a preparing to ship email

View attachment 220123

This is exactly the one I received, and I have the same question. I've asked Apex for clarification and tracking info. As I read it, it clearly states that my wheels have shipped out. Am I missing something?

- Bob

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

View attachment 220123

This is exactly the one I received, and I have the same question. I've asked Apex for clarification and tracking info. As I read it, it clearly states that my wheels have shipped out. Am I missing something?

- Bob

I apologize for the mixup here! That email is something we just sent out as a "Gangup update" to everyone who participated in the deal. The wording regarding how your wheels have "officially shipped" is not the best, I will admit. There are quite a few more orders left that are still going out this week, so to clarify, this email is not the shipping confirmation email I was referring to. The shipping confirmation email will address you by name as per your order, and not by your username the way the Gangup updates start.

-Geirsen

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

I have not received any shipping confirmation or tracking number (spam folder is empty), but UPS sent me a notification that packages from Aftermarket Performance Express are out for delivery today. So, I guess I'm getting them today.

Hope this is the case for my wheels, but guessing it's not. Let's see if I can cord my PS4S this weekend, ha!

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Instead of starting with "Hey DarkArrow" (username on GangUp) like all the updates through GangUp, it started with Hi Jeff. It included the amount they were going to charge my card and my order was being processed for shipping. It was the only email from GangUp that went into my spam folder, so maybe check that.

Yeah, checked my spam folder already, but Giersen clarified it was just poor wording on the email. The actual shipping email would have my name and not username as well.

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Hey Geirsen, just a quick observation.

Is there a reason the stem hole isn't aligned in the middle of the two lug holes? Or in-line with one lug hole? My wheels came in and I noticed they were a bit skewed like the wheels below.

Attachments

• 20210717_111432.jpg
    20210717_111432.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

Is there a reason the stem hole isn't aligned in the middle of the two lug holes? Or in-line with one lug hole? My wheels came in and I noticed they were a bit skewed like the wheels below.
Ten spoke wheels, five lugs. The holes are aligned with every other spoke. The valve stem is in the middle of two spokes. You’d have to have a valve stem sticking out of a spoke to align it with a lug hole, no?

Have you seen the crazy way you inflate Alpina wheels?

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Ten spoke wheels, five lugs. The holes are aligned with every other spoke. The valve stem is in the middle of two spokes. You’d have to have a valve stem sticking out of a spoke to align it with a lug hole, no?

Have you seen the crazy way you inflate Alpina wheels?

Oooh that looks pretty crazy!

I was thinking that the Rotary looked more symmetrical (12 spokes) and looking at the Titans (10 spokes) looks more in line with the SM-10s lol

Attachments

• 5G0CON49816Z-18-inch-lichtmetalen-zomerset-rotary-1-280.jpg
    5G0CON49816Z-18-inch-lichtmetalen-zomerset-rotary-1-280.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 90
  • rt10-front-black.jpg
    rt10-front-black.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 91

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

The lug holes are aligned with every other spoke for increased strength. If the lug holes were aligned with the valve stem, you would be losing out on some overall strength for the wheel.

-Geirsen

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hi Geirsen, did you spot my mail on import duties/ consignment value? Sent to support@apexraceparts.com
(yesterday).
I did, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I passed your email along to our shipping supervisor who is working with UPS to resolve the issue. You should hear back from him today if you haven't already.

-Geirsen