GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Israel is out of control (and so is Spiderman)

Yep, all disinformation.
  2. G

Israel is out of control (and so is Spiderman)

... some yrs later "2014 was a great year for Ben Shapiro"
  3. G

Chicagoland Chat Thread

anyone in west/north burbs (i'm in morton grove) with an obdeleven i can use for a quick tweak - adaptive lane tracking? Mine crapped out few years ago which i used on the gti - this tweak is for the family vehicle which will see some decent highway usage in the coming days. Please PM if...
  4. G

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

You'll be missed, Jim. You were a real gentleman. RIP
  5. G

Planning a road trip from LA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming....how does the GTI fare in Winter?

Please reread where and how the convo started and what i said to your tire commet. No one was talking identical cars. You're taking things way out of context.
  6. G

Planning a road trip from LA to Jackson Hole, Wyoming....how does the GTI fare in Winter?

Yep, really. You said to turn and stop. To turn w accuracy and ease (safe overall control in the snow), vehicle mass and clearance play a big part in the equation - not just the tires.
  7. G

Not quite accurate. Weight of the vehicle and clearance will also play a key role.
  8. G

Questions about reaching 400HP. GTI MK7.5 Rabbit

You'll definitely want slicks if he's going to try and take advantage of your FWD and race you from a dig. Or.. if your GTI comes in the same color as an R, buy a used R, swap the badges (and/or wheels, bumpers if he's little more informed), go EQT or something and race him from a dig for 5K...
  9. G

Where's the sweet spot?

Drew - what is your capable of 0-60 on the street?
  10. G

Where's the sweet spot?

For streets...I'd think a 12 sec car trapping about 115 would be a sweet spot for this car. For the track... low 300 whp/wtq and massive weight reduction and all the other bits sorted out should be a nice reliable setup.
  11. G

GTI IS38 different from Golf R?

Again, i doubt that most people don't notice crank vs whp. How do you know most people don't notice that the default is crank HP? Hub centric wheels is whole another subject. lol
  12. G

I doubt it. Looks pretty straight forward.
  13. G

I don't see what's misleading about their numbers. They have a clean and clear graph with drop down for crank, whp and gains over stock. There's a 10% drivetrain loss, everything is in line. What am i missing here?
  14. G

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Nice write up and thanks for sharing/doing the right thing!
  15. G

60-100 mph times

About what APR advertises with their (old) stage1.
  16. G

60-100 mph times

Nice! What do you think it'd do at about 4000ft less?
  17. G

Emissions - no CEL from catted downpipe, spacer needed?

Oh man, that was super cool. Remember a valet guy coming back and saying "i think some wrong with your car". Lol I was real hopeful that early on they would get the same function working with mk7. Time to move on i guess.