GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Austin Only: Eibach Pro Kit Spring set with box and paperwork. $50

I had these on my Golf R for a while and switched to B6’s and stock springs. Feel free to text: Five One Two 289-0150
  2. S

Left rear higher than Right rear after installing B6's.

I have a 2016 Golf R Base (non-DCC) and just went back to stock springs with Bilstein B6's. I love the ride, it literally eats any nasty bump that the city can throw at it. It also helped a lot with dive/squat and roll. The only issue that I'm running into is that the left rear is 1/2 inch...
  3. S

Golf R DCC vs non-DCC: Do they have the same springs?

So I just switched back to the stock springs on my 2016 Base (non-dcc) Golf R and I’m remembering how high it sits. Its even quite a bit higher than other stock Golf R’s. Are the DCC cars lower?
  4. S

What plugs are stock with the Golf R?

I'm at 60k miles and am wanting to replace the plugs and coil packs. In looking at FCP Euro and ECS Tuning I'm overwhelmed with choices. I'd like to put the stock plugs and coil packs back in the vehicle. Which plugs (manufacturer and model) are stock for the Golf R? How about coil packs -...
  5. S

For those with B6/B8 struts - what did you use for dust boots?

The stock dust boots don't fit around the thicker B6 struts. What did you use in order to keep dust off of the struts?
  6. S

Those that later added Bilstein B8’s to their springs

How did ride and handling change? And what kind of springs are you on?
  7. S

Cutting the front bump stops while they're on the car...

Has anyone managed to trim the front bumpstops on their car while the car is still assembled? If so, how did you do it?
  8. S

2016 Base Golf R (no DCC) with Bilstein B6

So, I've got a 2016 Golf R without DCC. I've added Eibach Pro springs and have paired it with stock struts shocks. The handling is great but the ride is crap - especially on the shitty roads in my city. I'm thinking about moving back to stock springs but adding Bilstein B6's in order to take...
  9. S

Non-DCC owners: What is your suspension set up?

And, how do you like it?
  10. S

Is anyone running Eibach Pro Springs with Bilstein B8 dampers?

Or how about stock springs with Bilstein B6 dampers? How's the ride on each?
  11. S

2016 Base (Non-DCC) Golf R rides rough

So I've got a base Golf R with Eibach Pro springs. It bottoms out over even minor road imperfections making me constantly pucker up and dodge every road imperfection. The stock springs sucked too - so much roll, dive and squat that it felt like a 70's Ford LTD. The spring lowered the car less...
  12. S

Has anyone had their clutch replaced in Austin?

I have a 16 Golf R and would like to upgrade my clutch and retain the DMF. Can anyone recommend a shop? So far I've only checked with Brink and the VW Dealer. Any other suggestions?
  13. S

New Clutch options using dual mass flywheel...

Like most 6mt owners I've been trying to figure out which clutch to upgrade to. Previously, if you wanted to retain the DMF you only had a few options: modified TTRS or Sachs Race Engineering with a rigid (unsprung) disc. I've noticed that ECS now has multiple other options from Spec clutch...
  14. S

40 Series Tires on Pretorias?

Hey Guys I have a base 2016 R without DCC. I put the 19" pretorias on it which come with 35 series tires stock. I've also put Eibach springs on my car which lowers it .5 inch. The ride is pretty bad. It makes loud banging/crashing noises over potholes, divots in the road, etc. Will...
  15. S

245/40/19 Tires on Pretorias?

So I love the Pretorias on my Golf R but I live downtown with tons of bad roads. My car is lowered about .6" on Eibach springs. Can I run 245/40's on my car? What are the tradeoff's? Stock is 235/35, btw.
  16. S

Lowering Golf R - concerned about noise...

I'll be lowering my 2016 Non-DCC Golf R next week using the Eibach Pro Kit Spring set (.6" drop). My suspension is currently squeek, rattle and clunk free. Is there anything I can do to make sure that my R comes back noise free? Ask the installer to grease everything? Replace parts?
  17. S

Adding a factory subwoofer to a base car

I have a 2016 Base Golf R without premium sound. How difficult is it to upgrade to premium sound? Or at least add the subwoofer? I prefer plug and play rather than an aftermarket setup. -s
  18. S

Anyone selling their Pretorias?

I'm pretty interested in selling my 18" Cadiz wheels and moving to Pretorias. Is anyone selling the Prets off of their 17 R?
  19. S

235 Width Tires on stock 18x7.5" Wheels?

I've got a Golf R that's going to need tires pretty soon. I want to go with Michelin PSS in 235 (225 is stock). What are the pros and cons of putting a 235 series tire on a 7.5" wheel?
  20. S

I test drove a Cayman S today

My Mk6 GTI is my daily driver. I've had an '01 S2000 for almost 11 years. It's not a daily driver and is mostly used for fun. Every once in a while I get the urge to sell the S2000 and buy a used Cayman. I think the Caymans are great looking cars and will probably be a future collectible...