GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Non-DCC owners: What is your suspension set up?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Non-DCC '17 SE here. I've been running Eibach Pro springs and their rear swaybar since ~8k miles (~23k now). Rides fairly smooth (not as smooth as my wife's stock 2020 GLI of course) and handles great IMO. I could probably go with a larger rear bar, but it's not worth swapping it out IMO. I mostly daily drive it (well not really.. I put ~2k miles on it last year) and occasionally do track days at the nearby circuit track and she performs very well (a lot of that has to do with tires too though).

Once my stock struts start showing signs of wear, I plan to upgrade to Bilstein B8s.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Bilstein B8's
H&R Sport Springs
Eurosport Upper Front Stress Bar
H&R 26mm RSB and Moog endlinks
Stern rear subframe brace

Wasn't interested in paying for adjustability that would just leave me frustrated fiddling with it and thinking I never can get it right. The drop and the damping are perfect for a daily that sees mostly highway driving with some spirited back road explorations. Rear end is tightened up significantly, steering feels much more precise and overall handing is much more neutral. Looks real good too.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Billstein B8’s with Neuspeed Race springs and 034 camber mounts. Running blacked out austins with ecs flush kit.
Wheels are pretty flush and there really is no wheel gap, the neuspeed race springs are one of the biggest drops as far as lowing springs go and i think its about perfect. They advertise a 1.6” drop. I had the same thoughts as above post in terms of adjustability and I like my setup the way it is so far. I have yet to hit a track with it and i will probably opt to throw in a rear sway bar at some point.