GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Rear sway bar for standard Golf (non-GTI/R)

Hi, After reading about the magic of rear sway bars, I would like to know if there is anyone here that is familiar with fitting one to a standard Golf (non-GTI/R). I have 2016 1.2L TSI. I think the body roll creates a feeling of uncertainty when taking a curve in a somewhat higher speed. If it...
  2. E

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

That's very helpful, thank you. Then I will try to set them to not installed.
  3. E

Guidelines are working! I looked through the bits more carefully and just as Mr-Fix and Don's post above was telling, some values was wrong: - transmission type was automatic(mine's MT) - EPB was set to not installed, mine has EPB, - vehicle type was wrong, this is most likely what I think...
  4. E

Thanks for the tip, I will try this out asap after work and try to understand the bits! A general tip for anyone looking to do a camera retrofit is to be really careful with the plastic tube connecting the trunk lid with the car. It can break easily and if it does you most likely have water...
  5. E

Yes, still same codes about data bus missing message. It feels like the camera cant sense the steering angle and does not display the guidelines due to it. Very strange.
  6. E

Thanks, that issue is gone now. Do you have any idea about why the guidelines are not displayed?
  7. E

Update: All trouble codes except the databus related ones is gone after som driving. Still no guidelines. Does anyone have any idea what I can try? The remaining codes: 6C Rear View Camera System description: RVC Compact+ Software number: 5Q0980568A Software version: 0180...
  8. E

Thanks for pointing me in a starting direction. Oh.. not good, guess i need to learn how to do that also then. 6c listing below. If it's any help the camera comes from an golf estate but carsystems.pl was kind enough to answer me that only the angle of the drain hose is different from the...
  9. E

Hi, I just installed a highline camera and the installation went fine but its not working 100%... I have coded according to below and I have image and can switch between camera modes. But now I have the issue that no guide lines are displayed at all and the parking sensors overlay are not...
  10. E

Highline camera problem

what part number is your MIB? Some are not compatible.
  11. E

Parts for highline rear camera retrofit

Awesome! Just found a used highline one for a reasonable price. Hopefully it should work well. One think i'm thinking about is if the camera has been calibrated to a estate car, maybe the guidelines will be a bit off.
  12. E

My meaning was to use an estate emblem in a hatchback car. Looking at some photos and youtube it looks kinda do-able... whats you opinion?
  13. E

Would it not be possible to bend the drain pipe down or make a custom one? Or is it too tight inside the trim?
  14. E

Aha, is the angle a lot different? do you think it would work?
  15. E

Does anyone know if there is difference between the emblem in the Golf Hatchback and the Golf Estate? Or better yet, does anyone know if the Golf Estate emblem works in a Golf Hatchback?
  16. E

Has anyone explored the possibility to use a camera from a passat in a golf? It's seems like the highline version is much more common on that model and they look very similar to the build. for example part number: 3G0827469AQ, it seems to have the highline camera module inside(p.n 5Q0 980 556 B)
  17. E

Haha just found in another topic that highline only was available for some other specific cars. I guess even if I could find one the calibration would be off when mounted in a Golf 😁 Maybe I will just settle for the lowline. Hopefully I will still get the parking sensor overlay on the display.
  18. E

Okay. Do you know if the calibration is stored in the camera/badge itself or the MIB unit? If I fit a camera used camera from a similar car, could it already be calibrated?
  19. E

EDIT: If I fit a used camera from another golf, could it already be calibrated maybe? Could one do a similar procedure as in this video for calibration? I see carsystems.eu sells the calibration board.