GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Woah! Thanks for passing along your experience, I couldn’t imagine going through that. I initially didn’t want to go but I try not to be ignorant dealing with my health. Also, please, PLEASE, everyone reading this, go out and get a dash-cam, I got mine for $70 at Best Buy front and and rear...
  2. JakeySan92

My first accident..

I actually just checked the mail and I did indeed receive that! 👍🏻👍🏻
  3. JakeySan92

My first accident..

UPDATE: Insurance totaled the GTI.. The adjuster didn't mess around with the valuation process.(y)(y)(y) Got seen by a doctor per most of ya'lls recommendation and I'm glad I did. I won't go into specifics regarding that(legal reasons). Backstory: I'll say I'm gonna miss that car, bought it new...
  4. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Yeah, I got that vibe after being asked a million questions about my “physical health” and then the tone changed shortly after. I’m just not that type of person to say “my neck hurts!” when I’m just mentally fatigued and can’t sleep in reality. *sigh*
  5. JakeySan92

My first accident..

I actually called and they didn’t want to take my case. But I have a couple calling me Monday, so hopefully I’ll get somewhere regarding that.
  6. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Yeah, I’m not letting them get away with me paying $1000 deductible, missing work and the emotional damage I’m currently “dealing” with. Had a panic attack getting in a friends car to go home from the accident, and on the way a tow truck pulled out in front of us going 50 on a side road. Missed...
  7. JakeySan92

My first accident..

It’s actually a huge file size in 4K I figured it would be faster to upload and share if I just recorded it with snap. I usually slow down a few mph before entering an intersection(and I did here) and I look before I procede with my foot hovering the brake; it’s hard to notice but I attempted to...
  8. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Claims should get back with me tomorrow I’ll update then. 👍🏻 Thanks y’all!
  9. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Here’s the video from my dash came. Btw, the lady didn’t have insurance.
  10. JakeySan92

My first accident..

Lady ran a red light and smacked into the side of me spinning me 360 degrees. I was going 44mph. Does it look totaled? Wondering if it is if I should get another GTI or something else. No injuries myself just really shaken. These are definitely safe cars. Barely felt a thing lol
  11. JakeySan92

Best intercooler for a gti

Is it possible and/or is there an intercooler available that would mount in the front and also pass through the stock intercooler as well? Like a “double cooler” per say?
  12. JakeySan92

Possible coolant leak

Funny follow-up: got thermostat/waterpump/housing replaced. 3 days go by and coolant light comes back on, check overflow and it’s bone dry. Look on ground and see coolant everywhere. Took to dealer and upon inspection, it was leaking again! 3 DAYS it lasted! Crossing my fingers it lasts this time 😃
  13. JakeySan92

Possible coolant leak

You were right it was the pump.. right at 62,000 mi, 2000 out of warranty 😮‍💨 VW needs to recall these pumps already.
  14. JakeySan92

Possible coolant leak

Need some guidance before I make a decision what to do. last week on Sunday my coolant light came on and I added ~20oz of distilled water(my overflow was almost empty), today(so about a week later) my coolant light came on again and I noticed it was lower than before so I added ~24oz of...
  15. JakeySan92

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

WOAH WOAH WOAH! NOOOO! 😮‍💨 this gave me so much anxiety..
  16. JakeySan92

What are you guys paying for insurance?

State farm was going to charge me $175 A MONTH with only comprehensive, moving from Cali to Texas, so I switch to AAA, and now I’m paying $105, with 1000/1000 deductible. Was with state farm for 10 years, it PAYS to shop around for insurance, don’t be loyal to one insurer, it does you absolutely...
  17. JakeySan92

MK7 Confessions

I read through this entire thread to make myself feel better about doing all of the maintenance ahead of time, checking my tire pressure every week, touch-less car washes every week, and not accelerating fast until the oil temp is up to 219 etc, etc. still have the factory Austin’s.. 🥺 not even...
  18. JakeySan92

Reverse camera not working/hatch not opening

I’ll check after work today still need to load my TV in tonight so I have to wait and unhook the battery to get hatch open again. I have some compressed air so I’ll get in there and check. And yesterday it worked multiple times and then today it decided it would only open once and now it’s...
  19. JakeySan92

Thanks for the responses, kind of sucks because I’m driving ~2000 miles tomorrow moving to California from South Dakota and not being able to open my hatch without unhooking the battery and resetting the hatch to open to load things is such a PITA so I won’t be able to see the dealer until I get...
  20. JakeySan92

As the title states my reverse camera goes black upon putting the car in reverse(still shows “look behind you” text on the screen and the hatch won’t open. I’ve been having this issue on and off for a couple months now. Seems like it happens after I wash my car at the car wash then goes away...