GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My first accident..

JakeySan92

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE W/ PP/LP
Lady ran a red light and smacked into the side of me spinning me 360 degrees. I was going 44mph. Does it look totaled? Wondering if it is if I should get another GTI or something else. No injuries myself just really shaken. These are definitely safe cars. Barely felt a thing lol

Attachments

• D1E914CE-F2BE-4A1A-BACC-B14B5BC733E8.jpeg
    D1E914CE-F2BE-4A1A-BACC-B14B5BC733E8.jpeg
    537.2 KB · Views: 207
  • D5E200A9-9EE5-4BB7-8051-4082A51F2651.jpeg
    D5E200A9-9EE5-4BB7-8051-4082A51F2651.jpeg
    744.4 KB · Views: 203
  • A064BD14-4B8F-4A5F-934A-E1E20E082A4C.jpeg
    A064BD14-4B8F-4A5F-934A-E1E20E082A4C.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 209

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Oh man. So sorry to see this.

Totaled? Never sure what the adjusters will do. All depends on your (or her) policy. Some insurance only allows aftermarket or used parts but some allow OEM. The price of those components varies wildly so it's a crap shoot as to if they'll allow the full repair cost. Will just have to wait for what the adjuster says and how much the insurance company is willing to pay. Also you have to decide what YOU'RE willing to accept. If the frame is bent and, though it's amazing what some repair shops can do these days, you may never get it to *FEEL* right and it might always have alignment issues.

If they do fix it you'll have to wait and see how the repair turns out and decide if you just want to let it go and instead buy an unmolested model. That's what *I* would do in a case like this. Same outcome if they total it - use the money and buy a replacement.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Good to hear nobody was injured---It will interesting to hear of the out come with your insurance carrier.
AGAIN- glad no one was hurt

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Glad to hear you're not too injured. Get checked out at a therapist and claim injuries if required. As for the car, it's totaled.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah would be hard pressed for them not total that out… that damage goes beyond “stock or aftermarket panels getting approved”. That’s hours and hours of pull that rear quarter and body, you can tell the floor is wreaked, and box frame structure if the rocker is damaged, not to mention the rear suspension and frame pick up points are all bent and shifted.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
No insurance?! I would cut a bitch. I’ll be damned if I’m paying my premiums only to have this yo yo not bother and make my life more difficult. Good luck man. Like another poster said, I would prefer it be totaled with this much damage.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
100% totaled. Also there's no parts availability right now so it would take them months to fix. Insurance will cut their losses.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG