GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Diagnostics

Not sure of the legalities of these guys but wondered if anyone had bought a VCDS cable from them and how it worked? The old expression 'if its too good to be true it usually is ' springs to mind...https://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/shop/car-diagnostic-tools/vag
  2. S

MK7 12V Issue

Have you tried checking if there is any power to the switched live connection in the fuse box. I am assuming the middle connection must go to the accessory socket and the top one is permanent live. The bottom one must be switched power when the ignition is on. If there is no power in the bottom...
  3. S

Oil leak 1.4tsi GT

Found whatever I did it still dripped so ordered a new pan and fitted it. Looking at the old one the sump plug is an insert welded to the pan. I think that the join must have cracked and was letting oil by. If you have to fit, you need a T30 torx as 19 bolts to undo and a pry bar/crowbar to...
  4. S

OBD11 and Adaptive Cruise Control

As a UK driver I have been so impressed with the ACC. We seem to have a different driving style over here with a lot of idiots speeding up/slowing down and generally cutting in. I have driven in the US and its a lot less hassle on the main motorways/freeways. its like formation driving. Over...
  5. S

Oil pan replacement

The existing pan is metal but the issue is with the sump plug leaking. It says to let the RTV set for 30 mins at least (I may leave longer and re-torque before refilling from what you say). It looks like on the 1.4 you can reuse the existing bolts. If the RTV does squeeze out into the area where...
  6. S

Oil pan replacement

After trying a new sump plug and tighteneing as much as I dare, there is still a slight leak on my 1.4. I can only think someone has massively over tightened the plug in the past and there is a tiny crack. I also noticed the surface where the washer seals feels really rough. Ive ordered a new...
  7. S

DSG mystery noises

Will get it booked in for a DSG service. Does anyone know how you can check the software version on the car? I understand that there have been software updates for the DSG. In the Uk VW are doing a fixed price DSG service for £199 and seems worth going genuine VW to get the software updates as well.
  8. S

Fuse for dashcam without battery

Yep, will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input.
  9. S

I’ve worked out what the issue is. It’s not when the engine switches off under start/stop, it’s when it starts that the volts drop below 11.6v briefly and the dashcam switches off. I’ve taken out the module and wired direct. Working fine now. These modules are useless for start stop systems.
  10. S

DSG mystery noises

I posted this on the regional forum but will see if there is any view on this from the wider audience. ive had my 2013 1.4TSI DSG for a few months now and it is a great drive. Due to lockdown it has tended to just be used for short local runs. I noticed when it has done a longer run the DSG...
  11. S

I assume it’s the original. I have one of those digital voltmeters that goes in the cigarette lighter on another car. I will Put in the Golf and see what voltage it shows when the engine switches off. That should prove if it’s the module or not. I may just hard wire a female trailing cig lighter...
  12. S

I think the issue may be that the step down module (12v to 5v mini USB) apparently is supposed to switch off when the current drops to 11.6v. It can be used on a permanent 12v feed and cuts off so there is enough power left to start the engine. This module must be over sensitive as the voltage...
  13. S

Every time it goes into stopstart it loses power and switches off. I know you can put F40 in the upper position to give you permanent power but I don’t want this as it will just drain the battery when the engine is off. I was surprised power drops on the cigarette socket when in start/stop...
  14. S

DSG whine

I’ve noticed that when the car has been on a good run, it seems to make a feint whine when accelerating. It seems to be in 2nd gear. The car still pulls but bit concerned. It’s a 13 plate 1.4 but only on 28k miles. is this normal or should I call it out while under warranty.
  15. S

I have a dashcam that does not have a battery. I’ve had it wired to the cigarette lighter fuse (F40) on a piggy back connector. However, it cuts out every time the start/stop kicks in. I’ve noticed a few things like the heater/AC and radio remain on when start stop activates. Can someone suggest...
  16. S

Oil leak 1.4tsi GT

Took off the plastic pan to take a look. Either the garage have made a mess draining out the oil without full removing the plastic pan or it’s a leaking sump plug. No obvious leak when all cleaned up. New genuine VAG sump plug ordered so will change if oil present again. Oil still at max so...
  17. S

Oil leak 1.4tsi GT

Just noticed a patch of oil under the car. The plastic engine shield had drips on it. It was serviced and oil changed by the Nissan dealer who sold it. I am hoping they may have not replaced the crush washer/sump plug. Is this a common problem? I will have a better look tomorrow night. Is there...
  18. S

VCDS Lite

Decided to go with the Ancel VD500. In addition to reading/clearing codes, it also releases the EPB for pad replacement. No messing with Iphones etc and its upgradeable via USB.
  19. S

VCDS Lite

For anyone interested, I managed to speak to OBDEleven via their chat. Would seem the app is free to download and the applications that enable things such as winding the elctric parking brake back are included in the standard edition. To use each of these apps, you need credits. To do the brake...
  20. S

VCDS Lite

Thanks for the info. Dave, can you help with what I need to buy from OBD11 to do this function. I have seen Iphone versions and assume it works via an App through the ODB port. There are various plug in modules/cable etc. Ive downloaded the Iphone app so assume I need to buy a module. I already...