GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil leak 1.4tsi GT

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Just noticed a patch of oil under the car. The plastic engine shield had drips on it. It was serviced and oil changed by the Nissan dealer who sold it. I am hoping they may have not replaced the crush washer/sump plug. Is this a common problem? I will have a better look tomorrow night. Is there a new style sump plug

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Remove plug & washer, bin washer, fit new washer to plug & tighten to 30Nm

..after the first oil change as:-

The first oil change is bin whole plug/washer as the factory plug has a captive washer...

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
And if they have overtightened it it will dent the sump causing any replacements to leak as well.....

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Took off the plastic pan to take a look. Either the garage have made a mess draining out the oil without full removing the plastic pan or it’s a leaking sump plug. No obvious leak when all cleaned up. New genuine VAG sump plug ordered so will change if oil present again. Oil still at max so hasn’t lost much. Hopefully they have not over tightened. It certainly wasn’t loose.

SimonIG10

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 GT TSI
Found whatever I did it still dripped so ordered a new pan and fitted it. Looking at the old one the sump plug is an insert welded to the pan. I think that the join must have cracked and was letting oil by. If you have to fit, you need a T30 torx as 19 bolts to undo and a pry bar/crowbar to lever the old one off. This takes some effort. There is an arrow on the transmission which tells you where to pry. You trash the old one getting it off.

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Yep, that is what I had to do as mine had been overtightened and it left a washer size imprint in the pan that always leaked unless filled with sealant