GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

The distance between the exhuast pipe and the end of diffuser is not more than 25cm. A 90 elbow is like 10cm distance and average exhaust tip length is around 15-18 cm. Hope it helps.
  2. S

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

Thanks for the reply, I though since you have to buy an activation key for drive profile maybe it was included in the infotainment, I think is call fec or swap something like that
  3. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

i did something similar a couple of years ago bought a almost new (june 2020 manufacture) cupra mk3 complete exhaust really cheap for like 250 euros. something like this Remove the tips and weld new ones. it was done in a muffler shop, it was a bit hard to work because there is not much...
  4. S

'Cheap' 9.2" Screen Upgrade for MIB2 Cars - Hacked Chinese Delphi Units

My car doesn't have performance monitor and drive profile. Anyone know if it would appear if I purchase this set? Thanks
  5. S

Thoughts on using carbon fiber?

i've been playing with carbon fiber, forged carbon and carbon fiber layering both in plastic . forged carbon is a pain to work with i would not recommend all for aesthethic only. I think OP is trying to install a carbon fiber layer over the sunroof panel. pretty similar to what is done on...
  6. S

Crack in sunroof bezel/roof trim?

Hope dealer can sort it out. I know that in many European countries warranty cover sunroof problems.
  7. S

Ceramic vs Low-Met Brembo pads

I have brembo p85 144 braking is really good, no weird noises. But brake dust is crazy. After washing wheels will look clean only the first 20 km.
  8. S

if anyone is interested to see how its glued. here are some pictures. i think its not needed to remove the windscreen "It’s plastic and it’s easy enough to remove by competent windscreen fitters and the new one just bonds down using the same sealant used to bond in a windscreen. It is a...
  9. S

Part number for Golf 7 Final edition emblem?

Hi anyone know the part number for the AU Golf 7R final edition emblem? https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-reviews/2021-volkswagen-golf-r-final-edition-performance-review
  10. S

Nope no one does. It's changing the bezel is time consuming Or labor intensive. I went to the dealer in my country and quoted for the part number. Doing exchange rate it's like 1790 usd. I've been playing to make a mold and do a cap. But really been lazy and there is too much things that...
  11. S

The bezel trim is glued to the sunroof frame. It's supposed to be flexible without any problems. The problem comes when there is to much sun and cold exposure making the plasti weak and brittle. A good solution would be a ppf film on the trim or if it's new a carbon layer before install...
  12. S

TSI Catback Exhaust to Aftermarket GTI Catback Exhaust (MBRP)

VW use euro piping size 55mm 60mm 65mm 70mm All OD
  13. S

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Search for tt spring pads in the forum Part number is 8J0-512-149.
  14. S

In process: Alibaba GTI build

they sell a bare block for 620 free shipping on aliexpress...
  15. S

SOLD! 2019 White GTI ‘Rabbit Edition’ Pristine with $17,714 in Mods and Upgrades. Asking $24,000.

true, actually don't add value but make the car easier to sell.
  16. S

SOLD! 2019 White GTI ‘Rabbit Edition’ Pristine with $17,714 in Mods and Upgrades. Asking $24,000.

There are some aftermarket parts that add value and others that don't aftermarket wheels and tires (y) Oem euro tail lights (y)(y) Big brake kit (y)(y)(y) Downpipe (n) aftermarket turbo (n)(n) engine mounts, clutch, lsd (n)(n)(n)
  17. S

Hey guys i post something i read on vortex from a forum member from china. maybe this explains why it is and it would be easy to source a engine from china. "There are many reasons. I think the main problem is that Volkswagen GTI is no longer as competitive in the Chinese market as before, but...
  18. S

i bet it's oem. chinese only do fakes where there is a big market or when initial investment is low. too much investment to create molds for a ea888 block and reduced market to sell this blocks.
  19. S

you can source one but not cheap. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2-5L-DAZ-ENGINE-MOTOR-ASSEMBLY_11000010153838.html
  20. S

Why can't I get rid of this car?

I'm in the same situation. The only car I would trade my 2018 gti would be a 2015+ cayman s or gts. I consider this car not only for it's specs but it's the only car in the market I think it would keep their value.