GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

Then just another data point.
  2. G

DSG jumping out of gear on take off

So I never had this issue and it showed up when cold after a Trans fluid change. It's likely either fill level or the VW fluid is different from the stock fill.
  3. G

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

I'd probably run map1 and call it a day. You're getting better overall advance and at the limit.
  4. G

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

If you do log, you could always try a map 2 log on 91 and even tweak map 6 if you find that successful. If it works out, check again with winter gas which usually behaves like 1 octane less or so.
  5. G

Gas varies by area and why to log whatever you do.
  6. G

Gotta be. Maybe a little too general but... 89-map1, 91-map2, 93-map3/tweak. Always log a run to double check you're good with local gas and drop down a PSI or map# if your gas formulation changes for winter. :)
  7. G

Unless you get better gas, You're already topped out. Any add would be limited by timing corrections and be negligible. You don't want to see ign 2,3 and 4 showing much higher #s than they already are, even after adding boost and less pings would be better.
  8. G

Datazap and make a run at full throttle in 3rd from under 2k to 6500. https://datazap.me
  9. G

You should be hitting something like 11 or 12 PSI. I haven't actually measured map 0 but should be around that. Stock, they make reasonably linear boost, likely pretty flat between 3k and 4500.
  10. G

What oil do you run?

I've been happy with Castrol EDGE Euro 0w40, has group 4 and always test well in UOAs. I change at 5k. Let one run long and I could tell it was getting thicker which just didn't feel like the motor was as free. Try to stay at 5-6k though longer intervals probably doesn't show more wear per mile...
  11. G

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Actually, heavier wheel ride better but don't track as well. More wheel mass wants to maintain it's position and the tire deflects more instead of the wheel/tire better maintaining it's profile and tracking the surface..
  12. G

Try getting gas elsewhere once you've emptied the tank. It's fine as is but it should be clean on map 1 with 93. If it doesn't get better after trying a couple other pumps, I'd leave it alone and assume the gas in your area is poor. Map 1 should basically be cleaner than that on 91 and spotless...
  13. G

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

zumble is correct but you can go to 3 without any concern or even changing FOL. Safe enough for a few runs either way if you're that clean at 2.
  14. G

Repeating fuel pump failure

I assume you've replaced the fuel filter.
  15. G

IS20 wouldn't mind a tune. You aren't really benefitting from it without more octane or a tune. I (is12) can run higher #s than you are and not run out of pressure at high rpm simply because my gas is a little better. The benefit of the IS 20 is to run even higher boost and being able to...
  16. G

It's trade offs with tunes. If others use more boost, they do so by pulling timing a bit. The 1.8 stock tune has more advance than the 2.0 so you can get a bit more boost by running less timing with a program tune but there's not much there until you do mods like an IS20. The one thing you do...
  17. G

I forgot to mention that if they change gas formulations for winter where he's at, he should probably run map 1 during winter gas. I always knock off 1 psi for winter.
  18. G

Looks at the limit but fine. There's some timing ticks but your trims and overall advance are fine. FOL also. I'd just continue to fill with 93 and leave it be. Were you empty when you filled up? I'd just leave it and check again after the next fill, if similar, you're done.
  19. G

91 on map 1 is not an issue and a noticeable upgrade.