GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Fault P045600 - Evap Emissions (very small leak)

Anyone ever have this fault code? I have a 2019 R with 6k miles. The car had a JB4 for about 1k miles, and a GIAC stage 1 for about 400 miles. I don't drive the car hard (but also dont think this error code has anything to do with a flash). I cleared the code, tightened the gas cap, but haven't...
  2. A

GIAC Mobile Flashloader Problems

I've been using a JB4 and at times used other OBD2 type devices to clear codes and what not - so today when I tried using the GIAC mobile flashloader it kept failing during the flash. The crash logs just referenced some type of transfer error. I had the car connected to my wife's truck using...
  3. A

Turbo inlet pipe for stock intake

Being 40, and with a car seat in the back of my R, I'm not exactly looking for a loud intake. I put a drop in AFE filter and am considering an inlet pipe. It looks like many will not work on a stock intake. Is anyone running one that will fit the stock intake system?
  4. A

JB4 with Harness - $325 shipped - SOLD

Selling a one month old JB4 (going to get Stage 2 flash instead). Including is the JB4 and I also bought a harness so you do not need to splice the AFR wire. Price is firm at $325 shipped. I'm located in Scottsdale, AZ and will remove $25 if you pick it up from my house.
  5. A

How to put car in sleep mode?

I have to re-install my JB4 and have noticed that unplugging the battery causes a lot of issues with my car. I want to install the JB4 while the car is in sleep mode. Is there a particular way to do this? I've read "just let the car sit 5-10 minutes". Can you open the car door after that or does...
  6. A

JB4 Boost Pressure Question

In stock mode, using the in car boost gauge, I’m reading about 28-30psi. With the JB4 installed, it seems to be about the same. Does the in car boost gauge not pick up the gains from the JB4? I figured it should increase 4-5 PSI.
  7. A

Long Start After Clearing Driver Assist Codes - SOLVED

This is odd. About 6 months ago my car battery died and afterwards I had some driver assistance issues (I just posted about this recently) where I had to clear out some faults to get them working again. Afterwards the car required a long push of the start button to turn over. The car went to the...
  8. A

Unplugging Battery Disables Blind Spot Monitor and Cross Traffic

Does anyone know why unplugging the batter disables these features and you need to clear the codes to get them working again? I installed the JB4 today (really like it!) so I unplugged the battery for an hour or so. Just annoying to clear the codes every time.
  9. A

JB4 Wire Tap Required?

Does anyone know if the wire tap is required for the JB4? I assume this is if you want to customize maps, etc. you would want this. I'm looking to install the unit and leave it alone. Maybe I should be looking at the JB1, but I like the JB4 because it has less boost with the same power.
  10. A

95 Gas?

Anyone using 95 gas in their Golf R? Any disadvantage to using this type of fuel? It's available locally here in Scottsdale.
  11. A

Remove drivers door grab?

I was at a track event this past weekend and my helmet kept rubbing against the driver door grab. while looking at it, it basically fell apart - i was literally holding the grab handle door and a spring popped out. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to plug the holes in the headliner? If...
  12. A

Has anyone traded in a tuned Golf R?

When I traded in my Honda Accord recently the dealer had me sign paperwork regarding it's "expected remaining warranty." If you have a modded R, that should be under warranty, I assume disclosing the tune would greatly impact the dealers trade in value. I'm wondering if people are just flashing...
  13. A

Does the manual R blip the throttle?

I noticed that when I'm stopped, foot entirely off the gas, and push in the clutch - the rpms jump by a very small amount. When is weird to me is that it doesn't always do this. It'll do it three times in a row, but then not the fourth or fifth time. Is this normal? I'm still trying to figure...
  14. A

Radio turns itself off

Has anyone had an issue where the radio in their Golf R will randomly turn off? This has happened to me maybe 3 times in about 1500 miles but it's very odd. The only time it occurs is within the first few minutes of driving.
  15. A

Carista

I was tired of waiting for OBD11 to make an iOS version so I got the Clarista OBD plug in/app. Seems to work pretty well. Has anyone modified the setting for the window down feature via the remote key fob? I enabled the auto down/auto up. The auto up works but the auto down does not. Not sure...
  16. A

Creaking sounds in hatch area

When I go over a bump, like a speed bump, at an angle, there is this creaking sound from the hatch. I think it's the trim around the rear hatch but has anyone else experienced this? Super annoying.
  17. A

Problem shifting into first gear

I've never owned an automatic car and I'm familiar with the infrequent/random occurrences of when a car wont shift into first gear. Mine is getting progressively worse where it now NEVER shifts into first gear without going into second first. Car has 900 miles on it. It was sporadic at about 500...
  18. A

GIAC Tune for Golf R - No TD1?

Per GIAC, their mobile flash loader doesn't set off the TD1 flag as it doesnt change the flash counter. i've tried googling this by the vwvortex forums do not load properly on my browser for some reason. Anyone using the GIAC?
  19. A

Clear Bra on VW Logo

I put a clear bra on my 2019 R. Has anyone put a clearbra over the front emblem? I'm concerned it'll mess with the sensors. thanks