GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove drivers door grab?

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
I was at a track event this past weekend and my helmet kept rubbing against the driver door grab. while looking at it, it basically fell apart - i was literally holding the grab handle door and a spring popped out. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to plug the holes in the headliner? If not i'll just do a warranty claim and have it replaced.

rodon

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha! Welcome to the club. I’ve had all 4 replaced in my R, built May 2019. The only issue(s) I’ve had with it, but annoying nonetheless.
I don’t know there’s a ‘block off plate’ to cover the holes, but before you take it in for warranty service, I suggest you fiddle with your other grab handles to see if they fall apart too.
Oh, and without pictures, that track day didn’t happen, pal. ?

Mikejt1954

Passed Driver's Ed
I was at a track event this past weekend and my helmet kept rubbing against the driver door grab. while looking at it, it basically fell apart - i was literally holding the grab handle door and a spring popped out. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to plug the holes in the headliner? If not i'll just do a warranty claim and have it replaced.
Got my R in early April. Had all four grabs replaced in May. They all fall apart. The replacements haven’t .....yet.

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
I brought my handle and about 8 pieces into the dealer in a zip lock bad and requested they order the parts. they didnt look at my car and just said "oh, we get these all the time...parts will be here tomorrow." lol

i'll get some pics soon! my new 4S tires took a beating.

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had a ton of issues with my car and it has 2600 miles. I've come to a situation where I plan to track the hell out of the car and trade it in early for something else. At 60 miles, my battery died. Then I had an issue where my car would not engage first gear sporadically. I've had 3 visits for that alone but the dealer cannot replicate it. Thankfully the problem is getting worse and hopefully the transmission will explode so the problem is more obvious to the dealer. Then I had a fuel line buzzing. Now the grab handle is broken. I can see how Honda and Toyota stay in business with their boring cars...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've had a ton of issues with my car and it has 2600 miles. I've come to a situation where I plan to track the hell out of the car and trade it in early for something else. At 60 miles, my battery died. Then I had an issue where my car would not engage first gear sporadically. I've had 3 visits for that alone but the dealer cannot replicate it. Thankfully the problem is getting worse and hopefully the transmission will explode so the problem is more obvious to the dealer. Then I had a fuel line buzzing. Now the grab handle is broken. I can see how Honda and Toyota stay in business with their boring cars...

When your trans blows just don't tell them you were racing it. ?