GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. emichel6888

Tired of noisy upper strut mounts

Yes, in fact I have access to medical imaging equipment so I X-rayed one of the pucks to see what was happening: Stock the 10 mm section is between the shock rod and the upper mount surface. What I figured is under sharp bumps the rubber would fully compress and bottom out, kind of like when...
  2. emichel6888

Tired of noisy upper strut mounts

I have the 034 dynamic mounts and initially they made a lot of knocking noise even over small road bumps. However I noticed there is a rubber insert that was thicker on one side so I tried flipping it and that eliminated the knocking, I can't tell the difference from the stock mounts only with a...
  3. emichel6888

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Nice, as far as I know you are the first one besides myself that has done all three changes, grease, VCD tweaks, and the RPV's. Did you get the same pedal response I mentioned? Like the pedal dose not drop or go soft at all when you start the engine, it just has a really nice firm, high, linear...
  4. emichel6888

I apparently missed this, so without changing the settings does the brake pedal drop and go soft when you start the engine? I am curious because turning off the brake booster settings was one of the first things I did, and I have never tried it with them on since making these other changes. I...
  5. emichel6888

Did you lube the piston seals? Did the MC reservoir ever run out of fluid? With dual chambers you have to look carefully. I am not familiar with the TT brakes, are they the same as the GTI PP/Golf R calipers? Just wondering if you have the same size MC, I would imagine it is. As others have...
  6. emichel6888

It probably does help to some degree, and I know it is not the same, these just make me laugh so any excuse to post them... :) They are probably staged, but you just know that someone somewhere has actually done this, which is why it is so funny. I just really think if you are going to take the...
  7. emichel6888

I know it is a bit more work and mess, but I am very skeptical about how effective this process could be. I can't help but think it is comparable to this method for adding engine oil: You can tell this young lady in her DIY jeans really knows what she is doing, because she is smart enough to...
  8. emichel6888

How to fix/improve low soft Brake pedal with Residual Pressure Valves and seal lube

No worries I don't mind questions or new ideas, and you are not the first person to bring this up. I guess it is because I have done so many projects like this (in some cases practically building an entire brake system from scratch), that this seems like a relatively minor low risk modification...
  9. emichel6888

How to fix/improve low soft Brake pedal with Residual Pressure Valves and seal lube

Correct, it is not for the compression fittings however, you absolutely do want to use it on the NPT fittings. Just google "Do I need to use sealant on NPT fittings?". "NPT, National Pipe Taper (American) and BSPT (British standard Pipe Taper) are tapered pipe thread standards. Male and female...
  10. emichel6888

I see you have already been directed to my post, it is a lot of information and perhaps a bit hard to follow. I started posting about this while I was still experimenting, researching, and learning, so unfortunately it is verbose and all over the place with conversations on several threads. I...
  11. emichel6888

Yes and no, by that I mean that some other BBK's have reported the same issue however, not with the ST40 calipers. The ST40 calipers piston displacement is almost 25% smaller than even the stock calipers, and that allows them to have a very firm high pedal. If you grease the piston seals with...
  12. emichel6888

Is it the darker or lighter piston? Where is it scored and how bad is it? Porsche and Audi don't sell pistons for these calipers, but you can get replacements on EBAY: Audi Q5 (8R) Front Brake Caliper Piston - For Brembo 4 Piston Calipers P42045A-B
  13. emichel6888

Just saying we do have evidence, so it is far more than just a guess. Physical evidence is better of course, but the photos (especially from independent sources, and several different cars/vendors) is far from nothing. I found the measurements to be pretty conclusive, try it yourself if you...
  14. emichel6888

:giggle: I think it is a lot more than a guess. Not only is VW telling us (with the fitment guide) that they are the same, we also have all this photographic evidence of actual MC's pulled from cars made in 2015-2019. Unless you think that is all somehow fake? I do agree it is a bit...
  15. emichel6888

I don't understand, we can literally see it is the same size piston, at least for the 2015-2019 Golf R and the GTI's, which is really what we wanted to know yes? At this point I have no doubt that the piston size in my 2017 Golf R is 25.4 mm, so there is no reason to swap it with the 2019 MC I...
  16. emichel6888

Well, I believe I have figured out a way to answer this question without anyone having to order more parts. As I mentioned EBAY has MC’s for sale out of the cars in question. I tried to see if they would take measurements for me but none would do it. However, most of them did take decent...
  17. emichel6888

Oh, I thought you said you weren't sure what car that MC came out of, what year GTI and did it have the PP brakes? Yes I would like to know as well. There are several on EBAY for around $50-$80 and they specify the donor car and even provide a VIN#. I would rather spend the money then all the...
  18. emichel6888

BTW, for those that aren't following some of the other BBK threads on here, we have found that the MC is actually not a stepped/QTMC after all. So my theory on why this works was incorrect however, I did more digging and discovered the real reason this works so well. Rather than reposting it all...
  19. emichel6888

The way I did it was just one option. After doing mine I think you could use the stock bracket and just bend the stock hard line up enough to make it work. Or just get a small L bracket from a hardware store and hose clamp the RPV to it. It wouldn't be as clean but should work fine, at least...
  20. emichel6888

Sigh, I can confirm those piston specifications above are accurate. These piston springs would certainly work, but can't you see it is essentially doing the same thing as the RPV, just one is pushing on the piston with a spring and the other with residual pressure, both have the same net effect...