GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I can't wait to hard park at Costco with these new calipers.

Also since people keep asking about seals, is there anything wrong with the seals that come with the caliper?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can't wait to hard park at Costco with these new calipers.

Also since people keep asking about seals, is there anything wrong with the seals that come with the caliper?
No, just be sure to grease them with Castrol Red Rubber grease. Use the high temp boots if you're going to track.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
No, just be sure to grease them with Castrol Red Rubber grease. Use the high temp boots if you're going to track.

Thanks! Got the Red Rubber grease already. I just need to pull the pistons out when it stops being cold. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to replace anything while the pistons were out.

BikeBoy24

Thanks for this informative thread! For all of you who got stock / OEM Macan brake lines, how much longer were they? Where do you zip tie them to? What about Q5 lines? Will those fit?

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Despite the recent recommendation to stick with my stock brake setup, I broke down and picked up a set of the Macan calipers. Sunset Porsche had a $50 off $500 code (combined w/ free shipping) made it tough to really walk away. Into the rabbit hole I go. Thanks guys. Looking forward to the different setup.

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Despite the recent recommendation to stick with my stock brake setup, I broke down and picked up a set of the Macan calipers. Sunset Porsche had a $50 off $500 code (combined w/ free shipping) made it tough to really walk away. Into the rabbit hole I go. Thanks guys. Looking forward to the different setup.
I might go down the same path as well. Could you please share the code?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Couple of very dumb questions:

How do I pull the pistons out? I used compressed air through the brake hose inlet and only one piston pops out. The rest don't budge. Do I try and go through the bleeder nipples as well?

How do I pull the dust cover seals out? I was trying to work them out with my hands, but I guess it was super cold in the garage and I just ripped one completely out (didn't even take much force). I can't get the edges of the seal out. Also is there a place I can get just one seal? I searched the part number but am not getting anything. There's a Centric repair kit on Rockauto but not sure if that's the right one.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
OK I've figured out all of my questions. Got the other seals out without any issues, ordered Centric 143.62059 based on this thread and got some clamps to hold three pistons in and push one out. I'll just grease and reinstall each piston before popping the next one out.

kyle.m

Car(s)
CFB 19 GTI
Does anyone know of replacement pistons for these calipers?

Reason I ask - is the friend who assisted me in disassembly dropped one. It’s ever so slightly scored and I’m not wanting to take a chance.

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know of replacement pistons for these calipers?

Reason I ask - is the friend who assisted me in disassembly dropped one. It’s ever so slightly scored and I’m not wanting to take a chance.
Is it the darker or lighter piston? Where is it scored and how bad is it? Porsche and Audi don't sell pistons for these calipers, but you can get replacements on EBAY:

Audi Q5 (8R) Front Brake Caliper Piston - For Brembo 4 Piston Calipers P42045A-B

2020-08-26 22_25_10-42mm Brake caliper piston for Brembo calipers Aluminium (Option 4 of 4) P4...png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion