GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. X

Euro MPI installed

Why is the OEM manifold useless for power if you put the bosch 980cc injectors in it and supporting fuel pumps?
  2. X

Update revo stage 3 damage my engine

Ideal combustion happens at 14.7:1 so 12.5 by definition is rich. There are reasons to run the AFR even more rich. I would not worry about things “melting” but here is what you should worry about... pre-detonation - if you’re car was severely knocking knocking before your motor failure then...
  3. X

Startup engine noise -- this isnt the normal start up noise, right?

The service advisor got it wrong. The QTM told them to replace everything that touches oil... So new engine, turbo, plumbing, oil pan, etc. The parts list is like ten pages long.
  4. X

Startup engine noise -- this isnt the normal start up noise, right?

I used to think this was "normal" for these cars, but Saturday I was at a party with other Rs and mine is the only one that makes this noise in the first few seconds of start up. Once the car circulates oil for a few seconds the sound will not recur until it has been sitting for a while -- not...
  5. X

broke open oil pan, now what

Golf R MK7 I drove over an L-bracket made of steel. It cleared the front skirt but put a three inch wide inch hole in the oil pan -- which is made of PLASTIC FFS. Drove the car low rpm for about 2 minutes before limp home mode kicked on -- Basically said to drive less than 4000rpm. About 30...
  6. X

VW ECU tune dection defeat

https://www.magicmotorsport.com/magpro2-system/#squelch-taas-tab-content-3-21 These guys are claiming their MagPro2 X17 product allows end users to clone an SimOS 18 ECU in advance of an ECU tune, create an image, and restore it. Supposedly it is completely undetectable. They say, you can...