GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI-Jay

JB4 throwing codes. CEL on.

Admittedly it was over a yr or so ago it started happening, and yeah, i pulled it, and got into other projects, so never got around to re-installing and addressing. However, Ii'd like to figure it out and get my JB4 back in. I know its the JB4 as i removed it and cleared the codes using my...
  2. GTI-Jay

Rodents ate through my wires - Brake Light Switch location ?

My car is typically garaged. But as luck would have it, i'm in the middle of a remodel at home, and my garage is being used for all my furniture, while i have a new tile floor put down. So i left my gti on the drive outside for the entirety of last week. I had an EPC light come on, then the...
  3. GTI-Jay

Quick question on clutch bleed

My gti is three yrs old. I'll be bleeding the brakes, just as part of maintenance. I have a brake pressure bleeder. Should i even bother doing the clutch ? if so, is it the same deal as the brakes as in just open the bleeder valve til the fluid comes out clear? I'm guessing yes, just want to...
  4. GTI-Jay

So 30yrs is all. - VW Drive Bigger

VWs pledge is to have an entire fleet, production and administration of carbon neutrality by 2050. I think all electric cars are crap so not looking forward to this change. Driven Tesla's and yeah they're quick off the line, but horrible to drive. Whereas i enjoy my manual gti every time i get...
  5. GTI-Jay

Tire pressure monitor on the gti's how does it work ?

So got the light come on last night that my tire pressures are low. Didn't indicate which tire it was, just that the light was on. No big deal, i was half expecting this to happen as i knew i had a piece of &#%^# metal stuck in my rear passenger tire, in a location that a repair isn't...
  6. GTI-Jay

How does the Continental Warranty program work?

Got my Continental Extreme Contact sports earlier this yr. Already got two nails, that were fixed, but today i noticed a sharp piece of metal on the edge of the tire. Sprayed some soapy water and the #$%#$% thing was bubbling up. i bought my tires online. I'm going to need a new tire. They...
  7. GTI-Jay

VW actually promoting the manual transmission !

Well played VW. OK so its a Jetta, but even so, its nice to see them actually promoting a manual in a clever and thoughtful way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wApqm7VYlno
  8. GTI-Jay

Oil filter question. Questioning myself on something.

So i used VW 06L 115 562B last time i did an oil change. Time is coming for a service, so i went ahead and bought these. from Amazon. However they do look smaller from what i can remember. The only other difference is that they don't have B at the end of the part number. So these are Part #...
  9. GTI-Jay

So how often are you balancing your tires/wheels?

Manufacturers normally recommend between 3,000 to 6,000 miles. But realistically, who's actually doing that ? Unless you're feeling vibration, who's thinks well i'm at 3k, i better get my tires balanced ? Reason i ask, is during my regular 5k tire rotation i noticed a big nail in my tire. So i...
  10. GTI-Jay

OEM Battery Specs ? Non stop / Start 2017

So i have this OEM battery in my gti autobahn. Part Number: 5K0915105D https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Vehicle-Battery-Power-Source/49852164/5K0915105D.html I'm trying to find or simply understand to figure out the CCA, so i can run my battery tester Foxwell BT705 against it which is...
  11. GTI-Jay

Rear Spring failing recall ?

Damn... https://www.wthr.com/article/vw-recalls-cars-suvs-because-rear-springs-could-break
  12. GTI-Jay

Rotating non-directional tires ?

So got some Conti Extreme Contacts, which are non-directional. and the internet seems to be a little contradictory of itself when it comes to rotating non directional tires. What is the correct procedure on a front wheel drive ?
  13. GTI-Jay

Any PDR people in here ?

So some asshole swung their door on my mint gti. Don't know who. I have a ding on the piece that sits just above the side skirt. Not on the door itself, just the lower part of the frame so to speak, just above the side skirt. it must of been the pointy corner of their door. How would a PDR...
  14. GTI-Jay

f&$#$K^K !!! NAILS three in 3 months

Just need to vent. Two not repairable, so had to buy an entire new set of conti extreme contacts, as oem a/s where shite anyway. Since getting my new tires, which i had to replace cos of a 'you guessed it a nail' i've rec'd TWO new nails in my tires. one unrepairable and the other patched. I...
  15. GTI-Jay

Anyone fitted an IC to a ACC (pre 2018) Gti ?

Asking cos of that ACC sensor in the grill on the pre 2018's. Now they're in the logo, but prior we have that box in the lower grill. Anyway, was wondering about getting an IC but concerned that it won't fit cos of all the ACC wiring and module getting in the way. Also, if you remove this...
  16. GTI-Jay

Kessy owners - where are you putting your key?

Where are you putting your key when you get in your car? Just curious. Personally i hate having things in my pockets, so whenever i get in a keyless start auto, i'm like ok where do i store this key now... Do you keep it in your man purse? Glove box ? Pocket and live with the bulge ? Cup...