GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Battery Specs ? Non stop / Start 2017

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
So i have this OEM battery in my gti autobahn.

Part Number: 5K0915105D

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Vehicle-Battery-Power-Source/49852164/5K0915105D.html

I'm trying to find or simply understand to figure out the CCA, so i can run my battery tester Foxwell BT705 against it which is supposed to not only test the battery but also all other aspects such as the charging system.

There's no CCA rating on the battery, which you're required to enter into for the BT705 to correctly diagnose. Normally my VW batteries only last 2-3 yrs. So i bought this to be one step ahead and get the battery changed before it suddenly dies on me, as they have done on previous VWs. Normally when i'm away from home. ugh.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I think it's 540A EN/SAE. Not sure what that translates to in CCA. Apparently that converts to about 600 CCA. The tester I use does all the crazy measurements fortunately. It will say it on the battery, just in the EN/SAE number but I'm pretty sure 540A is correct.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Re CCA I don't think its all that important according to what i'm figuring out. Anyway, on my meter it measured 650CCA on my gti

On my wife's Tiguan, (great for comparison) which is probably 6months newer and it has stop and start, it measured 628CCA

Anyway from what i've learned in the last hour, its the resistance that's important and what makes these battery testers a cut above a regular volt meter.

On my gti its measuring 4.83MR (the lower the better) which sounds about right for a car that's nearly two yrs old, so lets assume the battery is at least 24months old

and on the missus's car its 4.99 MR

Both gave an SOH and SOC of 100% so that's good, and both showed no problems charging. The good thing about this tester is it wants you to rev and idle both under load and no load. Then does all the math for you !

Great little tool actually.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
CCA is the ability of the battery to provide the specified amps for cold starting applications as measured at zero degrees F for 30 seconds and not drop below 7.2V. Amp-hours (AH) is a measure of the amps available over a 20 hour time span such as for a constant power draw.

See item #4 for battery rating info.

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/battery-basics.html