GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Issue with removing spark plug - something concerning possibly found

Just tried to put in a new set of plugs and upon removing the 3rd plug I couldn't get the socket to grab the plug. After messing around too much with it I pug a light upto it and I found a strange blockage formed around the plug. I have included pics.. Anybody have any idea what this is or...
  2. B

FS: New In Box Precision MPI 925cc Kit (Black), New in Box EQT Euro IM

The MPI kit and Euro manifold are new in box, never been used. PRECISION RACEWORKS MPI KIT (VW/AUDI MQB) - $800 Shipped CONUS EURO INTAKE MANIFOLD (MPI READY) - $160 Shipped CONUS
  3. B

FS: 3.5" CTS catted downpipe + Beluga 3" + Vibrant 17950 Resonated Turboback Exhaust - $350 Local Pickup Only

FS: 3.5" CTS catted downpipe + Beluga 3" + Vibrant 17950 resonated Turboback exhaust . All stainless steel. NEVER had a CEL with this setup (90 degree o2 bung installed). This setup is only 2 pieces...the vibrant/catback exhaust has been welded to the catted portion of the CTS downpipe, and also...
  4. B

FS: EQT Vortex XL - $1300 + Shipping. ~25k miles. - CONUS

FS: EQT Vortex XL - $1300. ~25k miles. Only reason for selling - reverting car back to stock for CA smog reasons. Was removed yesterday @ EMD Auto in Anaheim.
  5. B

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

Hi guys, My first smog test I think is coming up in March/23. Anybody got a smog "friendly" place they take their cars to in the socal area? Thanks!
  6. B

Car keeps shutting off - p2635 Fuel Pump "A" Low Flow/Performance

Hey guys, just started getting this code yesterday p2635 Fuel Pump "A" Low Flow/Performance yesterday and the car keeps shutting off (4 times in a 45 minute drive). Recently installed a rs3 brushless with black controller. Car still runs when it's fine but then it will shut off out of nowhere...
  7. B

Fuel leak from charcoal canister system - 2015

On the way home I was getting some random hiccups and sputters from the car...Once parked found a fuel leak coming from the charcoal canister and its leaking from the spot listed in the pic below. Car is not throwing any codes and fuel tank is showing correct fuel level and there is no leaks...
  8. B

Lightweight battery warning

Had to remove my lightweight DEKA ETX-20XL battery...I started experiencing steering rack/power steering issues and jerky steering and almost went the route of replacing the rack had I not researched further and found to check battery levels/voltages. I put my factory battery back in and all is...
  9. B

Electric cutout on tail pipe

On a dual muffler out system, would there be an issue if an electric cutout was installed on oneside and blocked off to lower noise/drone? My setup includes 2 mufflers so I would be blocking off a whole muffler when closing off the tip.
  10. B

New fuel pump install A2B motorsport w brushless controller issue

Hi Guys. Just installed the A2B motorsport brushless kit combo (I think the older version), and after install I'm getting a P025A error code (Fuel Pump Control Module Circuit/Open) , anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
  11. B

MIB1 Wireless Android + Carplay + USB Mirroring

Just installed this unit from Aliexpress. Confimed that wireless android auto is working with my galaxy s10 through MIB1 5.8" non-fender unit and it is pretty snappy! I have it connected through MDI--->AUX_In and it is working pretty well. The only thing that is not working as designed with...
  12. B

Ed's Mk7 gti headlights white dot bulb replacement

Anybody know how to get to the white dot bulb on the gti headlights? I don't think there would be much different between ed's and the oem location. The passenger side went out and I would like to replace it, just hoping i don't have to remove the bumper to do it.
  13. B

Stock Speakers EQ Measurements and EQ Corrected Results Graph

This is more of an informative post, I took measurements of the front stage of a 2-Door GTI with stock speakers and Kenwood X802-5 5 channel amp. This was done with a calibrated MIC and Room EQ Wizard - REW. Measurements: GTI Left = Strong dip at 60hz and 80 hz and 100hz, Best to crossover...
  14. B

Clutch pedal stuck to the floor, blue fluid on the floor under transmission area.....

Hey guys, can use some guidance. On Sunday I took the car out for a drive and noticed immediately the clutch pedal started getting really soft, and then within a matter of a minute, it got completely stuck to the floor. Anyway got the car towed home and I noticed a blue liquid puddle on the...
  15. B

MK7 GTI vs. Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor

I was driving exiting into another freeway and I noticed a white tesla trailing behind me. I slowly caught up to him and then we both punched it, I was in 4th around 90mph when I stepped on it. I instantly started passing him and cut in front of him to avoid oncoming traffic. I'm not sure how...
  16. B

EQT XL MK7 GTI vs. BMW 640I

Thought the PT cruiser wanted to jump on it so I jumped on it and got the attention of a BMW behind him. the BMW tried to do a ricer flyby on me, quickly caught and passed him. Sorry for the wind noise. The BMW had at least an exhaust from why I can tell. 2015 2-Door GTI PP- No rear seats/no...
  17. B

6mt shifting from 2to3 and 3to4 sometimes difficult

Could use some help guys, Sometimes when I'm shifting fast and at high rpm 6500-7000 rpm, it's difficult to get into 3rd from 2nd and 4th from 3rd gear. It's like I have to wait a second or two before it will engage. Every time this happens(racing), the car I'm racing against (in Mexico) gets...
  18. B

Aggressiv Carbon Deck Lid Clone

Just got this installed, fits really well...hard to tell it's a knock off. Really fits the car and matches the roof lines.
  19. B

Whiteline Control Arms

Hey guys, just a heads up this is the lowest price i've ever seen on these Whiteline KTA252 control arms with +2.0 caster -3 camber for $342 from autoplicity Mine just arrived today and it does come with 2 control arms, not like the title states.
  20. B

Changing intakes require retune?

Hey guys, just wondering if going from a fully modded stock airbox with afe dry filter and modded front grille openings require a retune if changing to an aftermarket closed intake? I'm thinking of going with the USB tear-duct intake. While the stock airbox is great, I noticed that it is...