GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Is it worth straight piping a stock GTI mk7?

Hello guys, I am wondering if it is worth straight piping a GTI MK7 with stock downpipe. Will it be to loud? I was looking into the AWE track exhaust but I dont have the budget to buy it now, so I am thinking about doing a straight pipe. What do you guys think? Anyone had problems with cops with...
  2. A

2015 GTI MK7, anything I should worry about?

Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing a 2015 golf GTI with 25k miles on it, and I am planing on maybe going stage 1 on it, should I be worried with any issue? Anyone knows if the 2015 models sold on the end of 2014 still comes with the turbo issues? Thank you!
  3. A

Talro insurance company

Hello everyone, anyone knows Talro insurance company? I did a quote with them and it was better priced than others. Anyone knows if they are a good insurance company? Thank you!
  4. A

$2500 to get an insurance on my GTI?????

Hello eveyone, I am looking to buy a MK7 GTI, and been looking into some insurance companies in Chicago! I am 19, and they want to me to pay 2500 for 5 months!! How fucking insane is that? Is this correct for my age and the car I want to be driving or it is just way to much? Thankss
  5. A

2015 GTI MK7 Turbo not reliable?

Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing a 2015 golf GTI with less than 30k miles to it. However I heard that the 2015 mk7 came with some reliability issues on the turbos! Is that correct? Is there anything I should do before buying it? Thankss
  6. A

GTI 2015, 2016 Infotainment screen

Hello everyone, I am looking into some GTI's and testes a 2015 model, the infotainment screen looked to have quite bad quality with the graphics, anyone knows if it changes in the newer models (2016,2017)? Thanks!!
  7. A

GTI sport trim with no black mirror cap?

Hello guys, I know that the black cap mirrors are a feature in the Sport trim, however i've seen one without black cap, the mirrors is the same color of the car. Is that possible to opt for when you buy? Or all sport trim should have the black cap?
  8. A

Golf GTI Sport brakes

Hello everyone, I am thinking about maybe going with a Sport package GTI, and I really like the bigger brakes which they come with, however I was wondering if anyone knows what is the average price someone would have to pay when they are done and you have to change them? As they are bigger, I...
  9. A

What is the price to maintain a stage 2 GTI?

Hello everyone, I am really thinking about going stage 2 in the mk7 GTI, and I know many of you guys have gone already, I know that maybe I will be shitting on the warranty, so I don't want to count with it! So for the guys that went stage 2, what are the biggest cash risk I will be taking...
  10. A

AWE track edition catback void warranty?

Hello guys, I am wondering if I do a muffler delete, or if I place the AWE track edition catback to my stock GTI, if it would void my warranty? Should I ask my dealer if they are mod friendly? Or doing a catback or muffler delete will definetly not void any warranty regarding engine and...
  11. A

New 2017 Golf GTI or used 2016?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it would be better to get a new 2017 GTI (s), or a used 2015 or 2016 with a better spec (Sport, or SE). What would you guys opt for?
  12. A

Golf GTI or Audi A3 Quattro?

Hello everyone, I was looking in a Audi A3 2015 2.0T Quattro and looked to be very interesting, same engine as the GTI, however its AWD, making it grip way better than the Golf. Regarding the tuning of it, is it the same parts for both cars? Is it as good to tune as the Golf gti is? Thanks!!
  13. A

Stratified stage 1 and stage 2 dyno sheets

Hello everyone, I am considering Stratified to do my ECU tune on my GTI MK7 and was wondering if anyone has some dyno graphs! I talked to them and they said that a stage 2 (downpipe) would pull around 280-290 WHP, I've heard that unitronic is pulling over 330 WHP on their stage 2 software. It...
  14. A

Leaving the car in the snow can do any damage?

Hello guys, I live in Chicago, and everone knows that the winter is very cold and snowy here, And unfortunately I will probably have to leave my car (GTI MK7) sleeping on the street for the next couple months, including in the winter which can be very very cold! Can it cause any harm or damage...
  15. A

3.5" downpipe to big for 2.0L?

Hello guys, I've heard some coments mentioning that the ideal size of the downpipe for the 2.0L engine would be a 2.5" donwpipe. It is normal to see downpipes of 3" on the market, which I guess is still fine, however i've been seeing some downpipes in the market like CTS downpipe with 3.5". Is...
  16. A

Cobb Accessport Pro tuner around chicago?

Hello guys, I am thinking about getting a Cobb Accessport and do a pro tune in my GTI MK7, however I've been doing many research and can not find any Pro tuner around the area! Does anyone know a good tuner that uses Cobb AP?
  17. A

anyone using Stratified Ecu Tune through Cobb Accessport?

Hello everyone, I am thinking about using Stratified tune through cobb accessport to tune my Golf GTI MK7. I've been doing some research and it seems to be very good, plus you can flash your car from you garage. Anyone is using Stratified accessport or has any opinion about it?
  18. A

CTS downpipe with AWE track exhaust catback, is it to loud?

Hello Everyone, so I am thinking of getting a AWE track edition exhaust catback on my car, I already have a CTS downpipe but I am worried it will be way to loud and I dont want to be getting to much unwanted attention from police. Will it be louder then a downpipe with muffler and resonater...
  19. A

How are the police around chicago regarding loud exhaust nois?

Hello everyone, I am from Chicago and I am looking to straight pipe my Golf GTI I already have installed a CTS downpipe to it, anyone who lives around has any idea how are the cops here with high exhaust noise? Will I probably get to many tickets? I know it is going to be pretty loud, specially...
  20. A

ECU Tune with exhaust crackles

Hello everyone, a friend of mine just made a remap on his Jetta (2.0 tsi), same engine as the GTI mk7, and whenever he takes the foot out of the throttle there is so much crackle with the exhaust, its sounds unreal! However he lives back in Brasil, while I am living in chicago, I am really...