GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jonatj

Sudden error codes galore. Halp!

Just an update. I went to Neue Auto and they did a full check on all my wheel bearings. Turns out the bearings are fine, just the ABS speed sensor is kaput. So they will be fixing it for me Friday for much less than the stealership wanted. Nick was awesome and I’m looking forward to doing more...
  2. jonatj

Thanks for the replies. Now I don't feel like I'm crazy for thinking that was ridiculous. @DSC808 Thanks for the video link. Thanks for recommending Neue Auto, I'll give them a call. I appreciate the moral support!
  3. jonatj

Just an update. I did check if my new battery was the issue since I didn’t change to serial number. It does look like the new battery is not the issue. I guess sometimes if the battery serial number isn’t updated in the ECU then charging will overcharge your new battery. Then a weak battery can...
  4. jonatj

I’ve just had the exact same problem as OP. All of a sudden the errors popped up while driving. I don’t think it is battery related, I’ve replaced my battery few months ago and ODBEleven shows good voltage of 13.9v. Any other ideas? Could a sensor be our? @brian.tully Did a new battery fix...
  5. jonatj

Odd behavior from new LED taillights from Spec-D

Sure, I'm happy to share! The LED bulbs are nice and bright and the lenses are crisp and clear.
  6. jonatj

Redline360 sent me a new set of lights. I swapped the bad light with a new one and it worked perfectly. So must have been a manufacturing defect. Possibly the wires in the plug were crossed. Anyway I can recommend the Spec-D Tuning LED taillights now. They look great in black clear color.
  7. jonatj

Thank you so much for replying. I have a Carista OBD-II which lets me change some light settings like how many times the blinker blinks. Its possible I could have made a setting change. But whatever I did, it didn't have any effect on my OE taillights, just right outer light on the new set. I...
  8. jonatj

Installed new Spec-D LED (LT-GLF15BKLED-TM) taillights everything works except for the right outer light. The outer right light doesn’t use the neon-style light bar when DRLs are on. Instead, the top brake light is on. When the hazard lights are on, the it lights up the lower amber light...
  9. jonatj

K&N oil fouled my O2 sensor

I’ll look at a dry AFe. At first I followed the oiling directions by oiling the side facing up (outside air). But it didn’t have a uniform red color when it dried, so I ran a bead of oil along every pleat, inside and out. There was other stuff going on and it started pouring rain so I wanted to...
  10. jonatj

I’m liking the down pipe idea a lot, but the Code cleared after using CatClean. I’m kinda amazed actually. When the check engine light first came on, I checked the code and tried to clear it, hoping it was a fluke. However it didn’t go away. I pulled out my air filter to inspect it and there...
  11. jonatj

No down pipe, the only mods are the K&N and JB4. So bad Cat is most likely? Yikes sounds expensive. Anyway to confirm somehow? I’m just out of the 3yr warranty.
  12. jonatj

I was a dummy and over oiled my K&N air filter. Not only did I forget to let it dry thoroughly, but I oiled both sides. *sigh*. Now the check engine light is on and odb2 scanner says P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency → Below Threshold → Bank 1. Okay after a well deserved laugh at my expense...
  13. jonatj

WTB: GTI Spoiler and wings

I have a Golf non-GTI and it needs something more. I’d also be willing to look at side skirts, GTI or side valences. I want to cover the crimping I made when I missed the jack point. Most Maxton and other low cost kits cost 250-350 each and add quite a bit for shipping to Hawaii.
  14. jonatj

18x8.5 with 225/40/18 stock suspension

Hey guys, Before I do something stupid, I wanted to consult the wisdom of the forum. So I came across some new in box MB 18x8.5 ET35 wheels. I'm still on TSI stock 16x6.5 ET46 Dovers. No plans to drop or modify suspension. If I go with 225/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ the fitment calculator...