GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

NO SPAM JAY: Lithium Graphene Infused Trim Coating (A review)

Thanks for sharing your detailed experience. I'm looking forward to hearing how long it lasts.
  2. Y

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

Obviously, I can only compare to the OEM Pirelli P7s but the DWS06+ seem to be a bit quieter with noticeably better ride quality - they can take bumps/holes/imperfections in the road better. Overall grip is much improved.
  3. Y

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

This! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and while it doesn't snow here, it does get below 40 F in the winter so I bought A/S tires for the longevity and "coldish" winter temperatures (I know you in the north are laughing at 40F being cold!). After a lot of research, the two best all-seasons...
  4. Y

Which paint protection solution would you choose?

If you're just in a "holding pattern" for protection until you can get enough money for a proper ceramic coating, then I would recommend Turtle Wax Seal and Shine like some others have mentioned. For less than $10 a bottle, its longevity and protection is hard to beat.
  5. Y

JD Power rates VW and Toyota right next to eachother in reliability

I listen to the CR "Talking Cars" weekly podcast and on a recent podcast they mentioned the '18 GTI reliability was rated as above average, according to their data. I would imagine the Mk 7.5 would be more reliable as they've had years to fix the bugs. My '18 GTI is the first VW I owned and...
  6. Y

What to use for interior on Mk7.5 Gti..

I find the screen protector a bit overkill but you might want to watch this YouTuber:
  7. Y

2019 GTI Sunroof Creak (Fixed!)

I had the creaking sunroof and applied Gummi Pfledge Stift along the rubber seal. It eliminated the creaking 100%. Here's the video that helped me know where to apply it: Good luck and hope that helps!
  8. Y

Tires for GTI MK7

Are you looking for ultimate grip or just good tires that perform well? While you can run summer tires all year long that give you the best grip/performance, keep in mind they generally don't last as long as all-season tires so your "bang for the buck" is as good as going with most all-seasons...
  9. Y

Bushing creaking

Mine's been creaking on and off for months ('18 GTI). Annoying, yes but is there any potential for permanent damage if it's not addressed?
  10. Y

Does anybody use the automatic parking feature on the Autobahn?

I'll admit that I'm too scared to use it!
  11. Y

Wheel Question from Noob

I have the stock 18" Dallas wheels and was thinking of getting something different. When I first got the car a year and a half ago, I really didn't like the Dallas wheels. They've grown on me a bit since then but I'm still like the look of the 19" "Santiagos"? I've seen on GTIs in other market...
  12. Y

New MK 7.5 Owner from Ford

Savagegeese is one of the BEST car reviewers out there for sure. He has a unique sense of humor for sure but great knowledge of cars.
  13. Y

I learn something everyday (Sport Mode Switching)

I usually drive in normal mode for a more relaxed throttle response and better fuel economy. It's fine for 90% of daily driving. However, when you need that quick throttle response, like merging, it's great to simply pull back on the DSG shifter for instant sport mode. I've noticed that it only...
  14. Y

DSG Bliss

Using the DSG stick for shifting is the closest you'll get to actually driving a stick for sure. However, I feel like the upshift and downshift directions are backwards. To me, it feels more natural to pull back to upshift and push forward to downshift. That's how it was on my previous dual...
  15. Y

Volkswagen ID 3 first look

VERY disappointed the ID.3 isn't coming to the U.S.!! It would probably have been my next car following my MK7.5 GTI.
  16. Y

First Door Ding - sigh

Got my first door ding on the passengers side rear door a bit smaller than a dime. It's not that bad but I can see a small indentation from an angle on what was a perfectly smooth side panel. :mad: I'm considering getting paintless dent repair done. Has anyone used paintless dent repair before...
  17. Y

Tesla's Big Announcement?

I'm in the S.F. Bay Area and Teslas are almost as common as BMW, Audi, Mercedes and I regularly see truck transport trailers filled with Teslas on the freeways. I had the opportunity to take a tour of the Telsa Factory here in Fremont last summer. It was quite impressive to see the vehicles...
  18. Y

Key FOB Replacement?

Did something stupid yesterday - didn't check my jean pockets for my key FOB before I washed them. It didn't go through the dryer. I immediately took out the battery and am going to do attempt to dry it in rice. If it's not successful, does anyone know how much it's going to cost to replace it...
  19. Y

Y'all want a hot hatch?

Sounds intriguing but knowing Toyota, they'll put a CVT in it instead of a proper DSG. At least they offer a 6MT in the current version.
  20. Y

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Just got a two channel/camera dash cam.