GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. steddy2112

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

Early morning posts aren't always my forte lol, below ambient cruising at highway speed and by not overspinning the blower/being on a pulley that GM warrantied. I was sitting shotgun and logging said car with HPTuners on my laptop. Was about 75F that day. Oh and definitely a compromise, but...
  2. steddy2112

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

Condensers end up being a real problem when dealing with cooling issues, I bet every one of us who have cooling issues would have zero by literally just getting rid of the A/C setup. Supercharged Cobalts used to have cooling issues with running smaller pulleys, because, well, that's what...
  3. steddy2112

I would to provide some data eventually, but this thread has been nice to read through. Once I get my car back I'll give details, sign up for a track day, and run some logs for science.
  4. steddy2112

How DKM Clutch ruined my transmission

Mostly lurk, but went with the twin disc awhile back and sometime last year the TOB ate shit and nuked the clutch. Also, destroyed the output shaft a year prior to the TOB dying on my stock trans due to shit spline fitment. Now running SBC S3 daily without any issues. Other than those two...
  5. steddy2112

A3 EA888 gen 3 with evo 4 turbo swap

Was waiting for someone to do this
  6. steddy2112

200tw tires for Track use

It's not on the last two gears, I was fucking the big dumb Everyone likes to talk about how a DCT is like a manual and blah blah blah without ever really explaining HOW it's like a manual. Basically gears 1, 3, & 5 are on their OWN shaft that has it's own final drive associated with it 2, 4...
  7. steddy2112

So the DQ381 has a different set of final drives for the GTI vs the R where as the DQ250 uses the same final drives in both versus the manual GTI: versus the manual R: Hooray for spreadsheets EDIT: I need to sleep more, these numbers are wrong
  8. steddy2112

When I accidentallied my stock transmission I ground my brain to dust debating on going with the R box, I mean it's literally what VW does with the Clubsport S Even made stickies at work with what my speeds would be at redline with 245/40/18s: I should have done it. I wouldn't be on the hunt...
  9. steddy2112

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

They're only five speeds and the reason the turbo ones have such long gears is because during development, the test driver suggested being able to hit 60 in second gear. The supercharged cars run 4.05 final drives(along with the turbo HHR SS) and the turbo ones have 3.82 Long gears are cool...
  10. steddy2112

Speed Engineering - Mk7 GTI Brake Duct Kit Review

Would only be a clearance issue for a little bit lol but really at the track that shouldn't be too terrible of an issue. The real issue is for lazy people like me who won't take them off when on the street because I am fat and crawling under a car is pretty low on the to do list when you're...
  11. steddy2112

Speed Engineering - Mk7 GTI Brake Duct Kit Review

Interested to see how this fits up, the tubing isn't cheap so make sure you measure 8 times and cut once lol. Oh and following the link you posted shows where the "intakes" go. This is a pretty slick kit and honestly 350 is not a bad price if it fits up well.
  12. steddy2112

Air conditioner will disengage

If the dial is calling for any defrost at all, the A/C compressor runs whether the light on the HVAC controls show it or not.
  13. steddy2112

Slave cylinder/TOB failure

Just had my TOB die at 57k miles, about 55k miles of it was with a twin disc clutch though and not stock power levels and I track my car. If you've lost that much fluid your clutch will need to be replaced more than likely because your clutch is probably soaked in brake fluid. OEM is your...
  14. steddy2112

E85 Stations NOVA-to-Aberdeen

No problem, been a bit of construction south of Edgewood too, depending on when you're traveling. Royal farms, Emmorton Rd, Abingdon, MD 21009 is the google address, it's by a Wegmans, so when you get off on the exit head towards it, go past said Wegmans, it'll be on your right. Also, watch...
  15. steddy2112

E85 Stations NOVA-to-Aberdeen

There's a Royal Farms by Edgewood(exit 78 off 95, Aberdeen is exit 85) that has E85 Sometimes they're out though, exit 93 Perryville has a Royal Farms that ALWAYS has E85
  16. steddy2112

R MHGERD - 2016 Golf R DSG Oryx White - The "not a build thread" build thread

PP/R brakes for now, getting ready to throw a set of 8P RS3 calipers on in a couple of weeks. They use a common backing plate so there's a huge amount of pad choice out there and I know they'll clear my summer setup. I think they fit with the stock austins with a minimal spacer, but, I am...
  17. steddy2112

I think the tranny went

I may have whoopsied a trans once lol. For anyone who's wondering, the dog gearsets offer a myriad of options of 1-2 to 1-4th gears being dog toothed with options to have custom ratios dropped in for not a lot of money for the actual gears themselves. Went with a used stock transmission instead...
  18. steddy2112

Gotcha, I love the added caster at the track and also the Ohlins really don't get super low so I'm not running into fitment issues with my current wheel and tire setup for the summer/track, only get the slightest of rubs on large travel impacts. The NT01s I have sitting in my garage waiting to...
  19. steddy2112

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

That price is outta this world for a recirculating catch can. Any decent can setup can be turned into a recirc one fairly easily via the dipstick and a oil restrictor from a turbocharger Keeps the PCV/Catchcan from overpressuring and lets the can drain into the low point for a maintenance free...
  20. steddy2112

Watched your video today, thought I recognized the car from here. Curious, saw that you were running the whiteline LCAs and now you're on the superpro bushings, is that with the stock LCAs? Why did you change them up, for replacement ease? Just curious, I have the whiteline LCAs and quite...