GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A2R

2017 Golf SE headlight option

I have a 2020 VW GTI S with the halogen lights(they suck at night, had a Golf R and a WRX STi with LEDs so these are literally like holding a lighter out your window when driving in the dark…) I just bought some aftermarket LED Headlights that plug in to the existing connection and have a...
  2. A2R

MK7.5 Borla Exhaust Type S vs AWE Track Edition

Installed her last night, I’m actually surprised how tame the sound is. I was expecting it to be about 2-3x as loud as it is. Just from the product description and being turned up to 11. I can tell during cold starts it definitely has a meaner snarl, it sounds better than stick for sure. Due to...
  3. A2R

Went with AWE Track Exhaust! Thanks for all the opinions. A2
  4. A2R

APR Software is on sale. Are you tuned yet?

Thanks for telling me after I bought EQT… I loved APR! Good Luck with Sale Arin!
  5. A2R

Come on people! Tell me your success stories, why you like what you got. Hell, if you got an exhaust that you feel is better around the 800-1000 dollar range plead your case. I’m looking for loud but no drone. Thanks for the votes
  6. A2R

MK7.5 Borla Exhaust Type S vs AWE Track edition If you own either of these excellent exhausts systmesmake your case! I like both but I’m leaning towards AWE atm, it’s a little more expensive but I like the sound a bit better. How are drones at 80-85 mph. That’s my standard highway speeds...
  7. A2R

Show us your MK7

Here is my new girl… 2020 GTI S/6MT Possibly an old members? I bought on Vroom
  8. A2R

Best Overall “Value” Tune for MK7/7.5 GTI 6MT

I don’t mind all that so much, but I’m 6MT. However, the Rev Hang to me in first to second was brutal on stock tune… I literally had to wait like 1.5 seconds for the RPMs to drop for a smooth shift. So far after a couple days Stage 1 93 octane the car is pulling very nice mid to upper RPM...
  9. A2R

Went with EQT for ease of use, resale value and the fact I can get a pro tune down the line if I upgrade. Hopefully the stock clutch can last a little longer than APR but I’m prepared to upgrade. Thanks Everyone!
  10. A2R

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

I like starting my 2020 MK7.5 S with a key… maybe I’m just old fashioned… I miss keyless entry tho…
  11. A2R

I would assume that modifying the Down pipe and intake without changing the tune, would in turn make it much more likely for an engine failure. I always thought you needed at least a good Stage 2 map. Otherwise it’s kind of like getting an liver and lung (down pipe/ intake) transplant and just...
  12. A2R

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

Well out of the blue, Vroom Contacted me saying 16-19th it would arrive at the Detroit Hub. After a short email miraculously my car is already at the Detroit Hub ready to ship out tomorrow! So as long as something crazy doesn’t happen (which I’ve heard Vroom has missed Delivery dates changed...
  13. A2R

I’m leaning toward either Map Performace stage 1 93 octane if they still support 2020 platform. The website says 2015-2018… Also researching the JB1 while I’m still under warranty. Thanks for all the opinions, it’s scary hearing about 3 APRs going boom, I know they add a ton of boost and high...
  14. A2R

Still waiting on Vroom… called the Detroit Hub where my car is supposed to be and got voicemail 2 times and left a message both times…🦗🦗🦗 The sales guy said it’s should come early, however the last sales person who spoke broken English told me the 16th it should be delivered. That would put...
  15. A2R

Yeah I have a Gen 1 trans, that’s the only reason I’m considering selling it. I have thrashed the hell out of that car and I’m at nearly 30k miles and the transmission and Clutch still feel perfect.
  16. A2R

Hello Everyone, I’m considering tuning my MK7 GTI with at least stage 1, but would also consider the options of possibly going to a stage 2 down the line. Once warranty expires and I feel like I need MOAR power! So I’ve had a MK7 GTI with Map Performance before and a MK7 Golf R with Stage 1...
  17. A2R

Try watching NHL hockey, similar long history. And it’s much much much faster pace, sometimes you don’t get a stoppage for 5-10 min. Also it’s the only sport as a fan I can watch a game of two teams I don’t care anything about and still get enjoyment. And playoff hockey, if you don’t watch the...
  18. A2R

My 2016 ND Miata transmission feels great…
  19. A2R

Probably because I’m buying a car from them as well… Who knows…
  20. A2R

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Not to mention they made it go from Kourtney Kardashian to Khloe Kardashian… Wait until they do plastic surgery and make it it look better, the only good thing about driving a MK8 is you don’t have to see how ugly it looks from the outside… Not to mention all the gremlins an electrical issues...