GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Golf GTI DSG Eco Mode

I often commute with my GTI in Eco mode because I think the DSG coasting function is fantastic and saves fuel (40+MPG(UK) over 20 miles). What is slightly annoying is that every time I start the car, the gearbox goes back into D rather than E. The Driving Mode Selector shows that I'm in Eco...
  2. D

Intermittent heavy steering on GTD

A couple of weeks ago I suddenly noticed very stiff steering after stopping at some traffic lights, which continued for the rest of that journey (just a few miles around town). I booked it in to VW and they test drove and checked diagnostics and said they couldn't find anything abnormal. So...
  3. D

Strange smell from GTD air con upon start-up

Has anyone else experienced an unpleasant vinegar-like smell through their air-con? It's been happening almost every day when I first start the car recently, and lasts for a few minutes usually before clearing so it must be clearing some chemical out of the airways? I originally thought it...
  4. D

Leased GTD Service Requirements?

Does anyone know what the service requirements are for leased cars? I've had mine since 23rd September 2015 and the car is telling me an inspection is due in 13 days, i.e. 12th September. This is 11 days before my anniversary of receiving it...I'm concerned that if I have to have it serviced...
  5. D

GTD Wing Mirror Replacement Cost?

So some unfathomable piece of shit decided to kick or yank off my 4-month-old GTD's passenger-side wing mirror (and several other cars parked on the same street) a couple of nights ago. They have cracked the plastic casing and snapped the rotating metal mechanism that holds the wing mirror on. I...
  6. D

Flat Black GTD Order

Excited to have a Flat Black stock GTD on the way to me this month! Coming from a 2007 1.9 Golf TDI this will be a remarkable leap... Anyway on the finance documents it mentions that the Registration Date is 11th September. From experience does anyone know how soon after registration will the...