GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Ross-Tech Micro-CAN Cable

For sale is a genuine Ross-Tech Micro-CAN cable in perfect working and physical condition. I used this a few times on my MK7. I sold the vehicle and no longer need it. Asking $180 shipped to lower 48. http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/uC.php Thank you!
  2. M

2015 GTI SE 6-Speed Immaculate Condition with Lighting Package

For sale is a 2015 VW GTI SE with Lighting Package Overview: Original Owner Carbon Steel Gray Metallic Lighting Package 6-Speed Manual Transmission Purchase Date: 12/23/14 Current Mileage: 23,5xx Condition: adult-driven, immaculate, near showroom, non-smoker, no pet, no food inside the car...
  3. M

Gotta love Colorado!

This happens after switching to summer PSS, dropping the coils to summer height, and 1 track day.... [emoji3]
  4. M

5-7mm Spacers for Neuspeed Wheels

I have a set of 18x8 RSe10 and would like to add 5-7mm spacers all around. I know fitment for rear hubs combined with Neuspeed wheels can be a bit tricky. I previously bought eBay spacers for stock wheels and ran into fitment issues for the rears. Wanted to run 10mm, but had to go with 15mm to...
  5. M

JB1 with all weather case and cable

JB1 ver1 with all weather plastic case and cable. Original case and connector housings are included. Used for less than 3K miles, about 4 months on the car with 2 track days. Currently set up with Map 6, low psi on lower RPM, max at 4.8. At the track, I ran max of 4.0 psi. I wrapped the wire...
  6. M

FS: JB1 with all weather case and cable

JB1 ver1 with all weather plastic case and cable. Original case and connector housings are included. Used for less than 3K miles, about 4 months on the car with 2 track days. Currently set up with Map 6, low psi on lower RPM, max at 4.8. At the track, I ran max of 4.0 psi. I wrapped the wire...
  7. M

Tire Inputs - All-Season vs. Winter for Denver Metro Area

Hello All, I have a '15 GTI and am looking for some inputs on the need for winter tires. I live in Broomfield and have a short commute to Louisville. My work is pretty flexible... If we get big storms, I typically just work from home. We try to hit the slopes several times a year as a...
  8. M

VDub Warehouse - Amazing Service!

Not sure if this is appropriate or if I'm posting on the right forum. We've heard/seen complaints and negative reviews of different vendors around the forum. I thought I'd post a positive review of my dealing with VDub Warehouse, specifically Brian (CarNut84GTi). I was shopping for a new set of...
  9. M

16" Winter Wheel and Tire Set - New condition with 4.5K miles

I bought this set new from Tire Rack on December 26, 2014, a week after purchasing the GTI. This set has 4,487 miles to be perfectly exact (I maintain a log of tire changes and rotation). I just recently bought another set of wheels that I will use for summer and moving my stock 18" wheels for...
  10. M

Brake Bleeding Order

This is my first VW. For all my previous cars (Japanese and European), I've always started from the furthest caliper to the nearest caliper to the reservoir. Reading multiple different online posts, it seems that VW requires the opposite order, nearest to furthest caliper. Is this...
  11. M

Brake Pads = Religion?

I just spent the last 3 hours or so reading different reviews of brake pads and it seems everyone has their own favorites and almost every brand has mixed reviews, no such thing as a consensus... :) I have a non-PP GTI and did 2 track days last year before the season ended. I'm attending...
  12. M

Google Maps - Voice Direction from Car Speakers

I have a 2015 GTI SE (Nov '14 build date). I have no issues connecting my iPhone or Samsung S4 to the car via bluetooth, but I have issues when using Google Maps on either phone. It seems that the voice direction from Google Maps only comes up through the car's speaker system when I select...
  13. M

First Track Day in a Front-Wheel-Drive GTI

I finally had the opportunity to take the little GTI for an open track day. I had done a few track days and competed in auto crosses in M3 and M Coupe in my previous life, this was my first stab at driving a front-wheel-drive car on a track. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. My biggest...
  14. M

AWE Tuning Catted Performance Downpipe – Review, Pics, and Video

Back in March, after hours of researching and consulting with several forum members, I decided to get AWE Track Cat-Back system and could not be happier with the result. Please see my review on the following link: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8914 I was satisfied not only...
  15. M

Mod Bug.... Can someone pass me the bug repellent???

I told myself I would just get a cat-back system and be done with it. Oh well... that promise just went out the window.... Teaser pics... AWE catted performance downpipe.... Full review is coming. :D And FedEx just delivered ST Coil.... :p My review of AWE Track Catback system...
  16. M

ST Coilovers

Hello, With the current rebate they're having, I'm very tempted to get their X coils. I tried to search, but couldn't find anyone with hands-on experience with these on MK7s. I'm only looking for a slight drop and more tightened up ride. Car is 90% daily driven, 10% canyon drives/auto...
  17. M

Just Another GTI....

Finally had a chance to do some detailing and decided to snap some pics afterwards.... :)
  18. M

AWE Tuning Track Cat-Back Exhaust - Review, Pics, and Video

April 13, 2015 Update If you only have 5 seconds to spare and don't have time to read the updates and full review, here's my advice: buy AWE Track Cat-Back if you're in the market for CBE. It's an absolutely great product from an amazing company! Here's my update after installing the new...
  19. M

PSA Michelin PSS GTI stock size $155 AR at Discount Tires

They're having $100 rebate for a set of four from yesterday and lasts until today only. Just sold my all season stockers for $450. So excited!!!
  20. M

Anyone running 235/40 on stock Austins?

I've seen people mention about their plan on going wider with 235/40 tires, but can't find any post on anyone actually made the plunge. I'm selling my stock P7s and looking to get summer tires and considering going wider. Diameter would only increase by 1.2% and theoretically 235 should be...