GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Google Maps - Voice Direction from Car Speakers

moonluv810

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 GTI SE (Nov '14 build date).

I have no issues connecting my iPhone or Samsung S4 to the car via bluetooth, but I have issues when using Google Maps on either phone. It seems that the voice direction from Google Maps only comes up through the car's speaker system when I select bluetooth as the audio input. If I select any other input, there's no voice direction and even the phone does not give any voice direction, simply total silence.

Is this a bug in the system, a lack of capability of the system, or did I not properly set up the bluetooth connection?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 2015 GTI SE (Nov '14 build date).

I have no issues connecting my iPhone or Samsung S4 to the car via bluetooth, but I have issues when using Google Maps on either phone. It seems that the voice direction from Google Maps only comes up through the car's speaker system when I select bluetooth as the audio input. If I select any other input, there's no voice direction and even the phone does not give any voice direction, simply total silence.

Is this a bug in the system, a lack of capability of the system, or did I not properly set up the bluetooth connection?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Blot: this is normal. When I connect my Note 5 via BT and use Google maps, the GTI's infotainment system has to be set to media for the voice guidance to be heard. It's not a call, so it's not "always on" when you're in other modes (FM/XM/etc.).

Think of it this way... When you're not on BT and you're in Google maps and hit the volume rocker, what does it say? Media volume. Not call volume. :)

To work around this, you can set Google maps to not play voice over BT - so when you're connected in the car, the voice guidance will still come from the phone, and not through the car speakers. You can get there through settings, navigation settings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Blot: this is normal. When I connect my Note 5 via BT and use Google maps, the GTI's infotainment system has to be set to media for the voice guidance to be heard. It's not a call, so it's not "always on" when you're in other modes (FM/XM/etc.).

Think of it this way... When you're not on BT and you're in Google maps and hit the volume rocker, what does it say? Media volume. Not call volume. :)

To work around this, you can set Google maps to not play voice over BT - so when you're connected in the car, the voice guidance will still come from the phone, and not through the car speakers. You can get there through settings, navigation settings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response!