GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST Coilovers

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Hello,

With the current rebate they're having, I'm very tempted to get their X coils.
I tried to search, but couldn't find anyone with hands-on experience with these on MK7s.

I'm only looking for a slight drop and more tightened up ride. Car is 90% daily driven, 10% canyon drives/auto ross/track days.

It seems MK5 and 6 owners are pretty happy with theirs, with only concern on the galvanized steel vs aluminum.

Does anyone have these on their MK7s and care to share their experience?

Thank you!

55belairgasser

Passed Driver's Ed
I had these on my MK4 for about two years when I trading in the car. They worked fine for stance adjustment, but they were lacking in the handling department compared to others that were of better quality. I will wait until I can afford one of the better setups this time. I will rock the VWR springs for now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
only concern on the galvanized steel vs aluminum.

You mean galvanized (ST's) vs stainless (KW'S)

The galvanized will hold up in areas fine without salt used. In Colorado, I believe, they use sand so you should be okay.
In Michigan they do use salt and they will show corrosion on the body eventually, unfortunately.

For a DD they're perfect though, and just enough performance for the occasional track day too, without breaking the bank IMO.
They're one of the better "budget" coilovers too: $727 SHIPPED - $100 rebate = $627 SHIPPED

Last edited:

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

With the current rebate they're having, I'm very tempted to get their X coils.
I tried to search, but couldn't find anyone with hands-on experience with these on MK7s.

I'm only looking for a slight drop and more tightened up ride. Car is 90% daily driven, 10% canyon drives/auto ross/track days.

It seems MK5 and 6 owners are pretty happy with theirs, with only concern on the galvanized steel vs aluminum.

Does anyone have these on their MK7s and care to share their experience?

Thank you!

We just installed a set here on a GTI and the owner was extremely happy. But this is a subjective experience. Every car we have installed ST's on rode well, performed great and each owner was satisfied. For the money its hard not to just bite the bullet. They use the same technlogy as the V1 so you know you are buying quality. Coming from experience in CT where we see salt and the chloride treatment annually during the winter. We have seen these hold up to the corrosion as long as they are treated properly. :cool:

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me a PM or post here. The time is ticking to get in on this rebate! If you would like a set I can get some on the way to you. :)

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Finally got a chance to install these puppies after 2 weeks sitting in the garage.
Put about 75 miles on them and will take the car in for an alignment tomorrow. Will share more pics and review once I have more seat time.

I intended to only lower the car slightly. The drop is about 1". First impression, pretty happy with it! :)

F12

Ready to race!
Seems like a 1" drop is the sweet spot with these cars.
Keep us updated on how they age!

I love having the adjustability of coilovers, but I'm hesitant as the set on my last car had a terrible clunking sound after about 2 years

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I can't really tell but have you got any forward rake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonluv810

Ready to race!
I can't really tell but have you got any forward rake?

The car is practically flat, not sure if it's more the body line giving the impression of forward rake.

Wheel lip to fender line distance with stock suspension:
Driver Front: 4-1/4"
Driver Rear: 4-3/8"
Pass Front: 4-3/8"
Pass Rear: 4-1/2"

Currently sitting: 3-3/8" all around.

Looks great!

Thanks!

Nice!! That drop looks amazing, how is the ride comfort compared to stock?

It's too early to tell, will need more time to explore. I've been taking it very gentle for the first 100 miles. It's in a shop getting an alignment now. Driving around town, it's very very close to stock. You could feel a tiny bit more when you hit small bumps on the road.

mk4_337

Ready to race!
It's too early to tell, will need more time to explore. I've been taking it very gentle for the first 100 miles. It's in a shop getting an alignment now. Driving around town, it's very very close to stock. You could feel a tiny bit more when you hit small bumps on the road.

Cool cool, you've helped me make up my mind on these :D
Will be ordering these soon to install
Thanks!

moonluv810

Ready to race!
Cool cool, you've helped me make up my mind on these :D
Will be ordering these soon to install
Thanks!
There are so many vendors carrying these.
I got mine from EuroCollective. I was very impressed with their before and after sales support. I'm the the type of person who asks a lot of questions before and even after, those guys are always on top of everything.