GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dietcokefiend

Nasty wheel tire mounting rash

What has been everyone's go-to tire chain for the least amount of problems for mounting tires? One of our local tire discounters was a pretty nice place until they butchered the inside lip of an 18" wheel with the tire mounting machine and then blamed it on road rash.
  2. dietcokefiend

DSG Clutch Leaking, VW can't find tool and says it isn't made anymore

Going through an interesting saga right now with a 2019 GTI (DSG) that has a leak. Dealer has had the car almost a month tracking down the source of a fluid leak. It started with taking the car in for a leak, which was sourced to the transmission. First up they guessed it was the VAQ and...
  3. dietcokefiend

Any guesses on the damage amount to this 2019 GTI S?

25 mph rear hit pushing it into the car in front. Looking under the rear bumper cover the frame is slightly pushed in. The front clip is pushed in about 1”. Radiator on the drivers side now touches the air box. Those braces behind the headlights are popped up, also bent at the latch spot. No...
  4. dietcokefiend

New Fluid Interval for 7spd DSG? 80k now

Anyone else get the notice in the mail that the new service interval on the 7 speed DSG in the 2019 GTI, R and GLI is now 80k miles? Old interval obviously 40k miles, none of this is covered under warranty maintenance so probably not a cost savings thing. Here is the updated service PDF for...
  5. dietcokefiend

Best VCDS/OBDEleven Wiper Mod

As we hit the rainy season, I wanted to bring up a quick OBDEleven tweak that helps reduce or prevent wiper chop. By default our cars have a "Slow travel to Parking Position" setting turned on, so when the wipers come to a rest, the speed for the wiper motor slowly trails off to a soft stop. The...
  6. dietcokefiend

Where to buy clear bra type material?

I have a few spots I’d like to protect from wear on my new Rabbit. Some scuff mark areas at the door gasket sliding spots and whatnot. My problem is I don’t know what brand, model, type of film I’m looking for. For hitting these areas I don’t need huge rolls, just some rolls like 4-6” wide if that.
  7. dietcokefiend

WTB 18" GTI Spare or 18" wheels with tires (Ohio)

Really need to get a 2nd wheel to make tire rotations easier without needing to breakout the jack stands. With my larger 2019 brake rotors I need an 18" wheel to make this happen, but it doesn't need to be beautiful, just cheap. I'm down in Cincinnati, Ohio, looking for the cheapest route...
  8. dietcokefiend

2019 Rabbit Black Trim, painted or glossy black plastic?

As I get used to the Rabbit, I’m starting to wonder how to approach waxing or sealing the car. The Rabbit is a bit unique versus the other GTIs with the black mirrors, tailgate roof, and spoiler trim. As far as I can tell, these items are all glossy black plastic similar to the B pillar trim. I...
  9. dietcokefiend

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

2019 GTI 6MT or DSG Stalling Issue I'm starting to get very concerned there is a widespread issue with the 2019 GTI 6MT stalling. The issue presents itself slowing down to a stop, where the engine will soft stall and require restarting. Many owners with this problem also have brought up the...
  10. dietcokefiend

Low speed steering shudder/pulse

I've seen a few posts across different sites talk about this and I'm trying to sort out if its a defect or a quirk of the electronic steering varying power levels. The scenario where this happens would be a parking lot speed maneuver. Steering close to lock, very low speed creeping forward. The...