GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. brekdown29

ECS Stock replacement IC

Glad to see they now include an ambient air temperature relocate. Would have been nice to have when mine was installed. Ambient temps read like 7-15* high!
  2. brekdown29

ARM front mount Intercooler vs. EBay Twintercooler

My ambient air temp sensor reads more like 5-7* over actual outdoor temp since I installed this kit. And it reads higher for me all the time, even when the car is moving at highway speeds. That's the only annoying thing about it - otherwise, the FMIC does what it's supposed to do!
  3. brekdown29

Is Unitronic Stage 1 / 1+ right for me?

Across 4 different VAG models, I've tried most of the off the shelf tunes including Uni, APR, Revo and GIAC. GIAC is my personal favorite hands down, not even close.
  4. brekdown29

Is38 stock DP pass emissions?

If it's not tuned you will get a CEL. But you can easily find an IS38 tune for stock downpipe.
  5. brekdown29

Has anyone installed the ARM FMIC? Idk what I did wrong but I assumed this was gonna be an easy task....

Ever since I had the ARM FMIC installed my ambient air temp reads 5-8 degrees high and I now also have a permanent front brake assist warning light. VW said it has to be recalibrated for a few hundred bucks and I haven't taken them up on it yet. Other than that, the ARM FMIC has helped a lot...
  6. brekdown29

Ambient Air Temp Sensor breaking

The car was fine I assume? I believe it's only the intake air temp sensor that relays any data to the ECU. Most people with FMIC's that had to relocate the ambient air temperature sensor see temperature readings of 5-7* warmer than before and don't suffer any negative effects.
  7. brekdown29

MK7 GTI Stage 1 0-60 times?

I had a S2 Mk7 R that could do 3.5 0-60 all day. Now I have a S2 GTI that is low 5's with a perfect launch. Despite the slower 0-60 times, I have more fun in the GTI. Maybe it's the reduced weight or the VAQ, but it's more engaging to drive hands down. And since I didn't really need the AWD, the...
  8. brekdown29

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Will be nice to have some comparos between IS38 and this DTR. For people looking for a quick and punchy daily driver, IS38 may still prove to be the better choice.
  9. brekdown29

I'm running GIAC's stage 2 on stock downpipe. Just requires intake, intercooler, and catback. The best tuners have been getting nearly S2 test pipe power utilizing the stock downpipe for a while already.
  10. brekdown29

As soon as we get some third party positive reviews, I'll get out my credit card.
  11. brekdown29

Front Assist Error after FMIC Install

Thanks everyone, sounds like I just need to see what the dealer says. I've got a good rapport with the service advisor so hopefully one of his master techs can hook it up.
  12. brekdown29

Any idea on the fix in case they did? Sensor is connected now.
  13. brekdown29

My 7.5 GTI doesn't have ACC but it does have front assist with autonomous emergency braking. After having a FMIC installed, this error popped up on my dash about an hour later. It's now been on there for a few weeks. Shop that installed the FMIC checked the sensor connection behind the grill and...
  14. brekdown29

Going from APR Stage 1 to APR IS38 tune. Then Downpipe?

Keep us posted on how the IS38 file on stock downpipe is, going from S1. I'm S2 GIAC and thinking of doing the same thing down the road using their IS38 file on OEM downpipe.
  15. brekdown29

Going Stage 1, do I need a DSG tune?

Yea on a S1 or S2 ECU tune, the DSG shouldn't really be much of a limiting factor - it's when you go further that it will likely hold back boost without a TCU tune. What's interesting in my specific use case is that the DSG shifts just as smooth if not smoother in both manual and auto mode since...
  16. brekdown29

Going Stage 1, do I need a DSG tune?

The GIAC ECU tune feels perfect with the stock TCU programming. I'm sure I could gain an extra psi or two of boost with their DSG tune and bang off shifts a tad faster (had it on my S2 MK7R) but as far as the other benefits, do I really want to spend another $600+ for such negligible benefits...
  17. brekdown29

Exhaust options. DSG farts+no drone

I have a 7.5 GTI with stock downpipe paired to an MBRP catback. As close to zero drone as you will find yet it gives you super loud DSG pops between gear shifts when driving aggressively. Literally a perfect combination IMO.
  18. brekdown29

Garrett Pmax Stage1 Turbo Deep Dive

Stoked to follow along for this. Will there be an option to run the Pmax S1 turbo with stock fueling if one only plans to run pump gas? Or would it make more sense to just do the IS38 if those are the plans?
  19. brekdown29

Which cat back exhausts accentuate “dsg farts”

I have a 2018, so the 6-speed DSG (DQ-250). Stock downpipe and MBRP catback exhaust. The gear shifts can be mellow or extremely pronounced depending on how you're driving. Give it WOT in sport mode and the "farts" between shifts are sonically glorious. I love this catback as I get very minimal...
  20. brekdown29

IE, Unitronic, or COBB tune?

Any install notes to be aware of on the 7.5's? I've heard it's slightly different than on the Mk7's. Got my ARM FMIC sitting in the garage currently...Thanks!