GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garrett Pmax Stage1 Turbo Deep Dive

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Stoked to follow along for this.

Will there be an option to run the Pmax S1 turbo with stock fueling if one only plans to run pump gas? Or would it make more sense to just do the IS38 if those are the plans?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sub'd ........very interesting.......in for results

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I still don't see the point if a HPFP is going to be required even for 93, which appears to be the approach EQT is taking. If you're going to make that investment, you might as well spend a couple hundred more and do the Vortex.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I still don't see the point if a HPFP is going to be required even for 93, which appears to be the approach EQT is taking. If you're going to make that investment, you might as well spend a couple hundred more and do the Vortex.
EQT likely profits more from sales of the Vortex than Garrett turbo.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
EQT likely profits more from sales of the Vortex than Garrett turbo.
Are you suggesting that they would unnecessarily require an expensive add on (HPFP) to a competing product in order to drive more sales of their own (vortex)?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The Garrett is still less expensive on the EQT website than their standard Vortex.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
EQT anything is overpriced. They've capitalized hard on their popularity. Which is good for them. I'm happy for their success. And I'm saying that as someone who has a pile of EQT shit in my car.

Screenshot_20211221-135851_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-135924_Chrome.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
We buttoned everything up and went for a first ride. The boost control on this turbo is very good and you can absolutely tune it to stay within the realm of the OEM fuel system. If you have an IS20 this would be a great upgrade if you're looking for IS38 type of response. If you have an IS38 I would consider an HPFP along with this upgrade.

Dyno to come soon.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Interested in spool up rpms/times between the two.