GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone installed the ARM FMIC? Idk what I did wrong but I assumed this was gonna be an easy task....

Merchant_

Car(s)
MK 7.5 GTI
I mean ive installed intercoolers before on my past cars and they were never really that bad. I assumed the gti would be a bit tedious but man.... I assumed maybe 2 hours tops. I spent about 5 hours on this thing so far and I didnt even finish it, I have no clue where the brackets bolt up. Anyone else install this before? Maybe some advice for this college student with shitty tools.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@dtfd, you have pics from when we installed yours?

@jay745 is right, it shouldn't be a lengthy difficult task.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
It took me roughly 3/4 hours from start to finish for my Forge twin cooler.. what’s happening? They are direct bolt on with very minor drilling if that from my understanding.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Like @StorableComa said, no drilling. The brackets go here:

1668311478832.png

They are angled in at a slant and connect to the IC.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The brackets that hold it in place are set at an angle. Think \ / rather than | or -. Took us a few seconds to figure that out.

Outside of that the bracket that your ambient air temp sensor mounts WILL need to be either bent back or cut. I couldn't get the intercooler to line up as nicely as I wanted bending it back so we opted to cut the bracket.

Other than that, it's a fairly straightforward install. Where are you getting hung up on?

Attached is a photo of what it should look it before you button everything back up. If you look closely you can see the angle of the brackets.

Attachments

• 20220827_122116.jpg
    20220827_122116.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 98

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
When is it for sale?

Too soon?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Ever since I had the ARM FMIC installed my ambient air temp reads 5-8 degrees high and I now also have a permanent front brake assist warning light. VW said it has to be recalibrated for a few hundred bucks and I haven't taken them up on it yet. Other than that, the ARM FMIC has helped a lot with heat soak.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ever since I had the ARM FMIC installed my ambient air temp reads 5-8 degrees high and I now also have a permanent front brake assist warning light. VW said it has to be recalibrated for a few hundred bucks and I haven't taken them up on it yet. Other than that, the ARM FMIC has helped a lot with heat soak.

Did you unplug the front sensor without unplugging the battery?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Is the temp sensor still getting proper airflow? When I installed my Neuspeed FMIC there was a little bracket to relocate it. Make sure it's not being blocked somehow.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
5-8 degrees is a bit much but mine does read ~4 degrees higher than what I've seen other cars reading at the same time. There is a spot on the ARM bracket to relocate the air temp sensor.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yeah mine reads higher as well.

Install was rather easy except I didn’t have the brackets lined up correctly the first time. It was trial and error (used kit) I wound up putting the bolts facing forward so the bolts don’t hit into the condenser.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have the ARM FMIC and my temp also reads a few degrees higher. My install went fairly smooth other than being a bit confused by all the hardware and hoses that are included.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Same for, temp is off by a few degrees. Also, I have to go back and mess with the piping on the driver side since the belly pan is pushing the pipe into the horn bracket.