GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cbenjes

Notchy gear shifting

Sorry, I had a brain fart. Not MT90. I use Redline MTL. Sorry for the confusion.
  2. cbenjes

Notchy gear shifting

At the risk of being chastised, I will make 1 comment. I switched to RedLine MTL years ago in my TDI New Beetle, Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs as well as my Jeeps and Honda Civic. I have had great success with smoother shifts. Some nay-sayers think MTL is too viscous and causes notchier shifts, but even...
  3. cbenjes

False alarm on a Tire pressure

In December 2020, I ran over a tire-gator heading northbound on I-95 about to enter the McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore, didn't think much of it, after all, it's a piece of rubber. About 3 miles later, I got a Tire pressure warning saying low pressure. I figured it was a little low. 20 miles...
  4. cbenjes

Break pads

I installed the Audi VW Brake Kit - Zimmerman KIT-528841KT15 from FCP Euro. Decent price, very similar to OEM performance, minimal dust. I'd buy them again. Actually, since I bought them from FCP Euro, I won't have to buy them again.
  5. cbenjes

engine temperature drop

Exactly. I had a custom gauge that reported a real-time, accurate coolant temperature on my TDI Beetle and the temperature tended to fluctuate based on ambient temperature and engine load. I can understand VW's reason for always reporting 90* C. If unaware owners had a temperature gauge...
  6. cbenjes

MK7 Confessions

When I traded in my 2011 Stage 1 Mk6 for the Mk7 back in 2018, the car needed: a clutch, 4 tires, brakes all around, shocks and struts, a carbon clean and a rear main seal. It was listed on their web site the day after I traded it for $10K. They didn't care, it looked good to the average...
  7. cbenjes

Replaced PCV Oil separator

Let me see if I can take a couple of pictures. Verbally, here's what I have: I have a dual pod mount located on the air vent: https://aeroforcetech.com/products/vw-mk7-2015-2021-dual-gauge-pod-fits-golf-golf-r-gti-for-2-1-6-52mm-gauges-aeroforce-technology I installed a 42DD oil pressure...
  8. cbenjes

OK, my final thoughts on this: With the replacement of the original PCV valve at 97,000 miles, I am seeing increased oil pressure measuring right around 40 psi at 207*F oil temperature running at 2500 rpm. Before the replacement, oil pressure was about 27 psi under the same conditions. I...
  9. cbenjes

Curses, foiled again. Let me see what else I can come up with...
  10. cbenjes

I am going to do some logging with VCDS to rule out a bad pressure sender. I hope VCDS can read oil pressure...
  11. cbenjes

Yes, watching oil temperature vs. oil pressure, the gauge is pegged at 90 psi when the oil is bone-cold. As it approaches the upper 100* F mark, the pressure will fall rapidly to around 40 psi at highway speeds. The original post is information for when the oil temps are around 200*. My drive...
  12. cbenjes

Over the weekend I replaced my 2016 GTI's PCV Oil separator. The car has 97,000 miles and I have read where they can generally fail by 100,000 miles. Simple job, took about 30 minutes. Good, preventative medicine with the cold Maryland weather dead ahead. Interestingly enough, before the...
  13. cbenjes

First spank

Does she drive an F150? :)
  14. cbenjes

First spank

So I am driving to work heading toward I-95 South this morning all alone, no one in front of me, no one behind me. Nice. Quiet Friday morning, no 5am traffic for a change. Ahead of me from the right, a newer F150 pickup truck rolls through his stop sign and cuts in front of me proceeding to...
  15. cbenjes

16 Autobahn Battery Replacement

My original battery on my 2016 failed after almost 4 years last October. Replaced with a DieHard Platinum Battery, DIN Group Size H6, 730 CCA, 910 CA from Advance Auto. Recoded it with VCDS by increasing the number by 1 and have had no problems since.
  16. cbenjes

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Upgraded to APR Stage 1 High Torque and a SouthBend clutch upgrade. Nice to have the full power back. Since April I have replaced the spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, carbon clean, moved from low to high Torque APR Stage 1, new pads and rotors all around and over the weekend, flushed the...
  17. cbenjes

Motul '8100 x-cess' or 'Specific 505 01 502 00'?

Here's the next one at 32K miles with X-cess. Still looking for the LiquiMoly analysis... It's on one of my computers.
  18. cbenjes

Motul '8100 x-cess' or 'Specific 505 01 502 00'?

I used X-Cess for a long while on my Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs, but recent oil analyses on the Mk7 reported a shearing down to 5W30 after only 5000 miles and I was burning about 3/4 of a quart between oil changes. Since then I have switched to LiquiMoly Leichtlauf with better results. Everyone has...
  19. cbenjes

Standalone oil pressure gauge install question

Resurrecting this for completion purposes. I used the blue sender in the 42DD relocation block, which is the stock oil pressure sender. Coming up on 3 years of installation and still working well. As a matter of fact, I got an oil pressure EPC warning the other day. At the time, my oil...